Great Trading Strategies

The conditions lined up for the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade today as well. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.5587
Exit: at the open of the 6:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.5537
TP: 1.5607

Based on current price action, I recommend taking this trade with a lesser lot size. We are also still in the 7am EUR/USD short trade until 11am CST.

Good luck!

Ugh, no success in the 7:00am cst trade. But it didn’t hit the S/L either. Lost 30 pips on it.

Bring on the 1:00pm mst GBP/USD and well try again no?

I didn’t get in the 8:30am mst GBP/USD long. Was tied up in the 7:00am cst trade.

Richard,
I am working with an EA on this strategy also and I found that my broker (IBFX) would not allow me to place a take profit and stop loss when I place an order. I have to modify the order when placed.

Opensell=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lotssell,Bid,Slippage1,NULL,NULL, “Daily Sell order”,MagicNumbersell,1,Green);
Ans=OrderModify(Opensell,NULL,sls1,tps1,0,Blue);

Aha, thank you wery much, any idea why they would do that?

Anyhow, I am fixing my EA right away :smiley:
And thanks again, I had no idea :open_mouth:

Right now I’m doing this on Oanda through the Phone app. Its just demo, but I set it to vibrate when its time to add the orders or close them out, and its worked okay.

The 7am trade did not reach TP or S/L, but the 9:30am GBP/USD reached TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.5587
Exit Price: 1.5607

Trade length: 4 bars
Profit: 20 pips ($200)

Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

That sounds great (thanks for the help Jimmy01 :))!

Is there any way that you might be able to post the amended code, Richard 87? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Here is the updated EA :slight_smile:

The code works when backtesting, but I have not been able to forward test it yet(in progress :wink: )

The conditions did not line up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. Next trade: the 3pm GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions did not line up for the 3pm GBP/USD long trade or the AU open EUR/USD short trade. That’s all of the trades for today friends. Have a great evening and I will update the board in the morning :slight_smile:

Good morning all,

Hopefully you were able to take advantage of the bull move last night for a bit of positive gain :slight_smile:

The conditions lined up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.3142
Exit: at the open of the 11am CST bar
S/L: 1.3202
TP: 1.3122

Happy trading!

I just checked my ea, and it has taken the trade:-D

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Richard87/great-trading-strategy/203692
my ea is set up for 4 of the 5 trades;-) (not the one when you should buy on a bull candle)

That’s great news! :slight_smile: I’ll give it a run today and let you know if I see anything. Thanks much!

The conditions did not line up for the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade, and we are still in the 7am EUR/USD short trade until 11am CST.

Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

My trade closed 14minutes ago ea for a loss on 9.3 pips… Does that seem right?

What was the opening and closing price on your trade?

The 7am EUR/USD short trade did not reach TP or S/L. Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

My open price was 1.31433, and my close was 1.31526 :wink:

Given that the data feed for brokers varies (even within the same broker at times), that is fairly close. I haven’t gotten to run it yet, but I plan on giving it some test runs later this afternoon :slight_smile:

I stayed in a couple minutes extra and closed at 8.7 pips down.

I’m hoping the 12:30 GBP/USD goes and gets me some profit.:cool: