Great Trading Strategies

The conditions did not line up for the 3pm GBP/USD long trade. Next trade: the AU open EUR/USD short trade.

I did get in the 12:30PMCST trade and pulled the 10 pips. Nice!

This is my cheat sheet I’m using for the trades. Tradertilide, tell me if any of this is wrong? Perhaps you should modify your original post on the front page so it has this?

The Trades:

7am CST, pre-US open, EUR/USD trade -

If the 6:30am CST bar closes up, short at the open of the 7am bar.
Exit: at the open of the 11am CST bar
TP: 20 pips
S/L: 60 pips

9am CST, GBP/USD trade -

If the 9:00am CST bar closes up, go long at the open of the 9:30pm CST bar.
Exit: at the open of the 6:30pm CST bar
TP: 20 pips
S/L: 40 pips

12:30m CST, GBP/USD trade -

If the 12:00pm CST bar closes down, long at the open of the 12:30pm CST bar.
Exit: at the open of the 3:30pm CST bar
TP: 10 pips
S/L: 20 pips

3pm CST, GBP/USD trade -

If the 2:30pm CST bar closes down, buy at the open of the 3pm CST bar.
Exit: at the open of the 5pm CST bar
S/L: 26 pips

4pm CST, AU open, EUR/USD trade

If the 3:30pm CST bar closes up, short at the open of the 4pm CST bar.
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm CST bar
S/L: 40 pips

*Modified with the corrections from TT.

Thanks for the post and the idea…I very well may add that to the first page in the near future :slight_smile:

Here are the errors I found:

The 9:30am GBP/USD long trade conditions:
if the 9am CST bar closes UP, then go long at the open of the 9:30am CST bar

The 3pm GBP/USD long trade S/L:
S/L: .0026

Hopefully this helps! :slight_smile:

Cool. I updated my post with the trades.

I don’t often do the 9:30am trade. Its got a very long duration. It doesn’t seem to be as effective, unless your using smaller lots and trying multiple’s at a time. How do you fit it into your plan for the day Tradertilide?

When I do that, I seem to bleed money, as I get to many going at the same time, and my concentration suffers.

Patience is the key to enduring long trades. I’ve seen the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade run until 3pm and then, finally reach TP. If market action is quick, it can reach TP much sooner, but one of the advantages to this trade is that it is around the time when the US session volume is significant, which means that larger swings are much more likely.

Another reason this trade is valuable is that there are only 2 trades on this thread that allow us to capitalize on a 20 pip target, the other of this type is the 7am EUR/USD short trade. The primary difference between the two is that you will likely not be trading the short-term counter trend with the 9:30am trade, while the second difference is that the risk is less for this trade than the 7am trade.

There are definitely advantages to the trade, but it does require patience.

Hopefully this helps! :slight_smile:

The conditions lined up for the AU open EUR/USD short trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.3142
S/L: 1.3182
TP: 1.3132

Happy trading!

Good morning all,

Hopefully you had a profitable evening last night :slight_smile: I apologize for the late update, but the AU open EUR/USD short trade did not reach TP or S/L yesterday. However, the conditions did line up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade this morning. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.3181
S/L: 1.3241
TP: 1.3161

Happy trading!

What is meant by AU open in front of the EUR/USD

Trade til you die are you quite insane. All the trades you post are less than 1:1 reward to risk, in may cases they are 1:3 reward to risk. Can you explain your methodology please in case somebody is daft enough to follow your lead.

You have to read the entire thread, but it is answered.

As the trades go for a set period of time, its pretty rare that you see it hit stop lose.

For example last night the trade called AU open. It was closed at 7:30mst but was 18.5 pips down. But the percentages of wins cover the rare times these trades hit stop lose, or more commonly close due to time, either up or down.

If you have been trading the three trades from his system that I do, your at 12 pips up for the week. I’ll update my posts at the end of the week on my win/lose.

The 7am EUR/USD short trade reached TP this morning. Here is how the trade played out:

Exit Price: 1.3161

Trade length: 2 bars
Profit: 20 pips ($200)

The conditions did not line up for the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade. Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

The AU open is the Australian Open, which is at 4pm CST (5pm EST). Hopefully this helps! :slight_smile:

The conditions did not line up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. Next trade: the 3pm GBP/USD long trade.

Good morning fellow FX traders,

Sorry for the last update, but the conditions lined up for the 3pm GBP/USD long trade and the AU open trade yesterday. While the 3pm GBP/USD long trade did not reach TP or S/L, the AU open EUR/USD short trade did reach TP after about 3 bars.

Also, the conditions lined up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade. Here is the setup:

S/L: 1.3241
TP: 1.3161

Be cautious in trading today as we will likely enter a period of expanding range at the market determines its next, long-term direction.

Good luck!

The 7am EUR/USD short trade reached TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Exit Price: 1.3161

Trade length: 3 bars

Also, the conditions lined up for the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.5846
Exit: at the open of the 6:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.5806
TP: 1.5866

Based on current price levels, I recommend taking this trade with a lesser lot size.

Good luck!

The 9:30am GBP/USD long trade reached TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.5846
Exit Price: 1.5866

Trade length: 1 bar

Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions lined up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.5844
Exit: at the open of the 3:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.5814
TP: 1.5854

Based on current price action, I recommend taking this trade with a lesser lot size.

Good luck!

The conditions did not line up for the 3pm GBP/USD long trade, but we still in the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade until 3:30pm CST.

Next trade: the AU open EUR/USD short trade.

The 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade did not reach TP or S/L, but the conditions did line up for the AU open EUR/USD short trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.3160
S/L: 1.3200
TP: 1.3150

Based on current price levels, I recommend taking this trade with a lesser lot size.

Good luck!

The AU open EUR/USD short trade did not reach TP or S/L. That’s all for the day folks.

I will be out of town for the next week or so, and it will be difficult to keep this thread updated. What I will try to do is update status of all trades at the end of the day.

Good luck until I get back! Cheers! :slight_smile: