Great Trading Strategies

Hi tradetilidie, thanks again for all of your informative posts. I wanted to ask if the summary from 2011 was posted and I missed it. I have looked back in the posts and couldn’t find it. I have been keeping a running tally for the last 2 months now on a calendar. Thanks again for all of your help.

Hi, check out one of the posts on page 130 :slight_smile:

Hi Richard, thanks. I have seen that post. I think that is more of the set-up. I made a chart like that last February…(wow a year ago already) when I started following this thread.

I was just curious if somebody had gone through and figured the gains and losses of pips and the statistical breakdown.

Thanks!

Ahh, I imsunderstood you :O… I have only been following this thread for the last couple of weeks, but I cant remember seeing any summaries…

My summary of the week.

First, I only do the 7:00am trade, the 12:30 GBP/USD trade, and the AU open trade. This just works for me. Also this is on a demo account

Out of the 15 trades I had 9 trades that meet the requirments for me to start the trade.

Out of those 9 trades 4 hit Take profit

Out of those 9 trades 2 hit Stop Lose

Out of those 9 trades 3 did not hit TP, or SL and times out with me closing them at the proper time.

My account ended up -58 pips for the week.

I hit TP on 2x 7:00am open. 1x 12:30GBP/USD 1x AU open (Yay +60 pips!)
I hit SL on 1x 7:00am open 1x AU open (ouch this was -90 pips between them)
I had 3 that didn’t hit either 1. (one -18 pips, one -14 pips, one +4 pips)

I think it was just a down week. I’ll be running a further test on this next week to see how I end up. I am going to reset the demo account though.

My summary of the week ending 2/10/12. Week 2 using the Tradertilidie system

First, I only do the 7:00am trade, the 12:30 GBP/USD trade, and the AU open trade. This just works for me. Also this is on a demo account

Out of the 15 trades I had 9 trades that meet the requirements for me to start the trade.

Out of those 9 trades 5 hit Take profit

Out of those 9 trades 2 hit Stop Lose

Out of those 9 trades 2 did not hit TP, or SL and times out with me closing them at the proper time.

My account ended up -81 pips for the week.

I hit TP on 1x 7:00am open. 1x 12:30GBP/USD 3x AU open (Yay +60 pips!)
I hit SL on 2x 7:00am open. (ouch this was -120 pips between them)
I had 2 that didn’t hit either 1. (one -15 pips, one -6 pips more ouch)

I’ve been on this system for 2 weeks not. My combined profit is -139 pips.

I’m going to keep trying this system. Its very easy to do, so I’m going to give it another 2 weeks at least to make sure I’m not just seeing a back couple of weeks.

Of note, if I pulled out of the 7:00 am trade, I would be at +11 pips for the 2 weeks. I might consider doing that as a variation in the future. Hitting the 60 pip SL 3 times in 2 weeks… that is -180 pips, and its hard for any system to overcome that.

Very True. Thanks for the info Hawktel. I must say i’ve had better results since the start of the year, I do all trades except the 12:30CST which I found hit S/L more often than TP. I’m still intrigued to see where this system will go in 2012 though…

Good morning all,

My trip was a bit more tumultuous than I expected; the schedule did not allow me to update the board on a daily basis (which I had planned to do), but I appreciate that are few of you have taken it upon yourselves to update some of the trades. I am glad that this thread can be a help to you in the BabyPips community, and those trading FX in general who may just be visiting the site.

I promise that I will be posting a “Year in Review” update this week that will reflect back on the trades over the course of the 2011 trading year. So, with that said, let’s begin :slight_smile:

The conditions lined up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade this morning. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.3254
Exit: at the open of the 11am CST bar
S/L: 1.3304
TP: 1.3234

Happy trading! :slight_smile:

The 7am EUR/USD short trade reached TP today. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.3254
Exit Price: 1.3234

Trade length: 1 bar
Profit: 20 pips ($200)

Next trade: the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions did not line up for the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade.

Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

Caught the 7 am one. 20 pips make a good start to the week.

The conditions lined up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.5780
Exit: at the open of the 3:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.5750
TP: 1.5790

Based on current price movement, I recommend taking this trade with a lesser lot size.

Good luck!

The conditions lined up for the 3pm GBP/USD long trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.5770
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.5740
TP: 1.5780

We are also still in the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade until 3:30pm CST.

Happy trading!

The 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade did not reach TP or S/L, and the conditions did not line up for the AU open EUR/USD short trade. However, we are still in the 3pm GBP/USD long trade until 7:30pm CST.

Good morning all,

Hopefully you were about to squeeze out a bit of profit from last night’s slight bull move. Yesterday’s 3pm GBP/USD long trade was stopped out, and the conditions did not line up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade this morning.

The conditions did not line up for the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade.

Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions lined up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.5674
Exit: at the open of the 3:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.5644
TP: 1.5684

Happy trading!

The 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade was stopped out. Next trade: the 3pm GBP/USD long trade.

Sorry for the late update folks, but the conditions did not line for the 3pm GBP/USD long trade and conditions did line up for the AU open trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.3130
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.3170
TP: 1.3120

Happy trading!

Good morning fellow FXers,

Once again, I apologize for the late update, but the AU open trade last night reached TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.3130
Exit Price: 1.3120

Trade length: 5 bars
Profit: 10 pips ($100)

The conditions did not line up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade this morning. Market conditions this week have lended themselves perfectly to trading using support and resistance point and gauges with relatively little risk (due to fairly low volatility). Keep in mind that you’ll still want to exercise caution and avoid trading counter-trend unless there are clear indications that the market will turn around.