Great Trading Strategies

Hi, can you recommend any brokers who has a decent platform to work from.

Thanks for the post salubrious.

Here is a link that might help you with your broker research, it shows a real-time comparison of broker spreads: FX Intelligence Analyzer: Compare live spreads and quotes from multiple brokers. As far as platforms, I use the following:

MT4 for trading FX live: Forex Trading Platform MetaTrader 4
Quantum Charts for backtesting: http://www.quantumcharts.com

Hopefully this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Tradetilidie,
Thanks for posting the Stats for 2011. I follow every day and think this is a great ‘Bread and Butter’ system!
thanks once again, and keep up the good work, looking forward to new trades,
pips all the way!!

boomerpips

Thanks for the post boomerpips. I am glad I can be of help :slight_smile:

what about oanda is it good i read tha it is good for mini accounts. is that true? what means mini or micro account?(how much money it is?)

Interesting discussion… Keep sharing useful information!

long aud/usd
tp: 1.07433
sl: 1.0645

Thanks for the post Ellionjohn. I’m glad I could be of help :slight_smile:

Good morning all,

Hopefully you enjoyed your day off and are ready for another great week in trading FX. Just a reminder: we dropped the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade and 3pm GBP/USD long trade due to lack of performance. We will be adding other trades throughout year; I will post the details on those as we progress.

The conditions did not line up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade today. Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

Hello ngautam,

Thanks for the post. The idea behind this thread is that community members not only post their trades, but the systems behind their trades (the “why”) so that other traders can learn from them.

Why exactly are you long the AUD/USD? :slight_smile:

Can somebody answer to my question???

lol sorry…i put in that trade because audusd looks over sold and it back to the bottom of the trading range if you look at 2 hour chart…for the past week its been trading in a range. my stop loss is below the trading range so if it breaks that then its going lower =D

i dont know about that broker but normal account is 100,000
mini: 10,000
micro: 1000

Thanks for the detail :slight_smile:

Do you trade using a particular system, or only based on price action?

naw i find it that “systems” dont really work. it helps you but you cant just base your decision on that. i base it on price action. trading ranges are good cuz you know where to get in and get out. you also have to follow the news so yeah.

So if i want to start with 250-500£ wich Broker i should use???

No one can tell you what broker to use. But if you read some of the threads you can easily see other people’s opinions.

Overall I’d recommend just looking for a reputable and easy to use Broker.

Good luck

Ed

Thank you!

The conditions lined up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.5788
Exit: at the open of the 3:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.5758
TP: 1.5798

Based on current price action, I recommend taking this trade with a lesser lot size.

Good luck!

The 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade conditions did not line up, and the AU open EUR/USD short trade conditions did not line up.

That’s all for the day folks; have a great evening and I will update the board in the morning! :slight_smile: