Great Trading Strategies

Hi tradetilidie,

I just want to confirm something with regards to the 12:30pm GPB/USD long trade for above.
I use FXNET trading platform and on the 21/12/2012 12 noon bar,which is 18:00 GMT my bar closed up at 1.5801 and therefor I did not enter this trade.I am just a little confused if you say that the conditions lined up if my information shows different.Am I working off the right indicators or am I missing something?

Thanks

Jacques

Hi tradetilidie,

I only saw this post after I sent you my previous message.It makes sence now.The trade you referred to previously was for the day before.It is a little confusing with us being 6 hours ahead.Sorry!

Cheers

Jacques

Good morning all,

Hopefully you were able to squeeze a bit of profit out the market last night :slight_smile:

The conditions lined up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade today. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.3239
Exit: at the open of the 11:30am CST bar
S/L: 1.3299
TP: 1.3219

Based on the choppiness of the pair’s current price action, I recommend using a lesser lot size.

Good luck!

The 7am EUR/USD short trade reached TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.3239
Exit Price: 1.3219

Trade length: 0 bars
Profit: 20 pips ($200)

Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

Hi tradetilidie.
I’ve been interested in this thread for a couple of months now, logging results for the two trades which suit my timescale, namely the 9.30am GBP/USD long and the 7.00am EUR/USD short.
I’ve been Demo-ing and then real trading for 6 weeks. The upshot being that the GBP/USD trade has done significantly better than the EUR/USD trade. I understand you take a longer period to analyse your results, but I was still quite surprised you have dropped it as it seems to have good “current form”.

Thanks for the post WayneG,

Because these systems are based on backtested data, it is important to use the backtest to continue analysis for decisions on future trades. However, whenever you “retire” a system, you should alway keep an eye on its performance to determine whether the stats move back in your favor.

I will be observing this trade over the course of the year, and if it seems to rectify its performance, I may add it back to the list of trades.

Hopefully this helps! :slight_smile:

I’m going to keep this one going till my data goes pear-shaped.

From 5.5 weeks trading I’ve gained 31 pips from EUR/USD short,
and 122 pips from GBP/USD long.
The only difference from your system is that I use a 20 pip S/L on all my trades.
Not brave (foolish) enough to trade £10/pip yet though!

Sorry for the late update, but the conditions did not line up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. However, the conditions did line up for the AU open EUR/USD short trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.3247
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.3287
TP: 1.3237

Happy trading!

Good morning all,

Sorry for the late update, but the AU open trade reached TP yesterday. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.3247
Exit Price: 1.3237

Trade length: 1 bar
Profit: 10 pips ($100)

The conditions did not line up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade this morning. Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions did not line up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. Next trade: the AU open EUR/USD short trade.

The conditions did not line up for the AU open EUR/USD short trade today either. That’s all for the day friends; have a great evening and I will update the board in the morning :slight_smile:

Good morning all,

Hopefully you were able to make a bit of profit from the short bull move last night :slight_smile:

The conditions did not line up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade. Due to the market’s early close today, we only have one other trade.

My summary of the week ending 2/24/12. Week 4 using the Tradertilidie system

First, I only do the 7:00am trade, the 12:30 GBP/USD trade, and the AU open trade. This just works for me. Also this is on a demo account. I guess I was ahead of the curve on doing this, as its the new system.

This week I did not trade on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. So I only has 8 trades I looked at participating in. Out of those 8 trades only 2 met requirements

Out of those 2 trades 2 hit Take profit

Out of those 2 trades 0 hit Stop Lose

Out of those 2 trades, 0 did not hit TP/SL and timed out with me closing them at the proper time.

My account ended up +30 pips for the week.

I hit TP on 1x 7:00am open. 1x AU open (Yay +30 pips!)

I’ve been on this system for 4 weeks. My combined profit is -81 pips.

The conditions did not line up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

That’s all for the week friends. Have a great weekend, enjoy your time away from FX ;), and I will update the board on Monday.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Good morning friends,

Welcome to another great week in trading FX. Hopefully you were about to pick up a bit of profit on last night’s bull move :slight_smile:

The conditions lined up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade today. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.3398
Exit: at the open of the 11:30am CST bar
S/L: 1.3458
TP: 1.3378

Happy trading!

sorry, I’m trying to follow your system: if I understand correctly I enter long if the candle closes 6.30 of the upward or downward short if it closes, with the opening of the candle within the 7.00 right?
being in Italy and then London the most 1 hour corresponds to your
thanks and sorry if I expressed myself badly

The 7am EUR/USD short trade reached TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.3398
Exit Price: 1.3378

Trade length: 2 bars
Profit: 20 pips ($200)

Thanks for the post maxmax61,

The way that 7am EUR/USD short trade works is:

If the 6:30am CST bar closes up, enter short at the open of the 7am CST bar until the open of the 11:30am CST bar with the following S/L and TP -

S/L: .0060
TP: .0020

Hopefully this helps! :slight_smile:

The conditions lined up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.5832
Exit: at the open of the 3:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.5802
TP: 1.5842

Based on current price action, I recommend taking this trade with a lesser lot size.

Good luck!

The 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade did not reach TP or S/L.

Next trade: AU open EUR/USD short trade.