Greetings Everyone!

I am from London. Been trying over and over and failing over and over BUT still can’t give it all up!
Having lost a Fortune, my heart keeps telling to carry on
So, here I am finally, among the best community that I’ve encountered in the past.
I am hoping to learn and succeed from you :slight_smile:
Stay green and succeed!

Hi @Sunray401 what kind of your business?

Hey Gerry, I am retired. Old school.

Is that beard and mustache real? It’s awesome!

Regarding your past loses, have you identified what it was about your trades that was wrong (other than the obvious “more loses than winners” problem?

And how about the what, when, why and how you were trading?

Nice to meet you!

Glad to meet you too :-).
Ha ha. I was trying to pull in the power of Gandalf :wink: (LOTR) but didn’t work. Lol
Initially it was pure inexperience, too trustworthy and just reactive to the market. Scammer brokers robbed me of all my hard earned life savings one after another a few times, through their impecable and fast money making trading plan and strategy, which became obvious when I got robbed. They convinced me, painted amazing pictures of how I could easily make more quickly by investing more capital. They pushed me into margin calls, pushed me to add more money to strengthen my equity. I fell over and over and tried to get up but to be once again fall down and get crushed :frowning: .
I tried various strategies, both longer and shorter timeframes but kept failing. Tried the Market Maker Strategy, the London Strategy, etc, etc. I suppose in the recent months, it was mainly the weakness of capital/equity, risk management, FOMO, being disciplined, being afraid, not trusting myself, exiting winning trades too early, finding the right time to strike, staring at the screen all day and all week… I was involved in FX, Stocks, Binary Option (biggest mistake ever made!). I sweated, got on my knees, prayed when the Trade was going against me until it eventually took me out… I’ve gone through everything that life can throw at me… one of the unluckiest man ever to walk the face of the earth I suppose.
I almost ended my life a few times, thinking that my family would be better off without this BIG failure and a loser, who gambled and lost everything. I can’t imagine how she managed it, but my wife was the stronger one and talked me out of it.
Apology for the life story but that’s me and my life.
I wish my beard was real, :wink:

Hi Sunray401! Welcome to the community and I’m sorry to hear about your lost fortune. Hopefully, you’ll get better with the help of BP community. See you around!

PS. That’s a cool profile picture! :santa:

Thank you baemax023 :pray:t2:.
Nah, trying to look like Gandalf from „Lord Of The Ring“, ha ha. No way near, :joy:

Hahaha. Well I initially thought that you look like Gandalf or Professor Dumbledore but no emoji of them, so there goes Santa. :blush:

Ha ha, that was photo tricks that we can do in our :iphone: nowadays. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that man, but i do not think you are in a SUPPORTIVE circumstances to continue down this path at the moment. At least not for the next 5 years. Take a BIG step back. Ask yourself, how many more years you think you have left. How do you want to live your life? What are the stuff that REALLY matters to you? What are you going to do about it.

Some people have the Wisedom of Gandalf who resisted the possesion of the RING, right from the very beginning. Forex trading is a path filled with various type of temptation, which ultimately lead to self-destructive streak, especially so for someone who just went thru a traumatic experience and who desperately want to succeed. Forex have no mercy on a mediocre trader. Forex trading takes years of training like 5 to 10 years to reach a level of consistent profitability. The more you tempt fate with monies that you cannot afford to lose, the higher the chances of failure. The harder you seek redemption, you more desperate you will become.

What you need now is fortitude, perserverance and STABLE solid state of mind. You need to imagine yourself as ARAGORN, the willpower to resist the temptation of the the ring. Take things one step at a time. Do what needs to be done in your life. Spend time with love ones, do chores for your love ones. Give them what they want and not what you think they want. Never shirk your responsibility as a husband, father or grandfather, that’s the best redemption you can get. Do what needs to be done right now at this moment, and not chasing after something as elusive as becoming a millionaire overnight thru forex trading.

Remember, you are someone who just ran out of Luck. There is almost nothing that you can do to make things go your way, because you have no Luck. But you can make things RIGHT, do the right thing, make the right choice. Just do it.

Sooner or later, Luck will eventually find their way to people who are cheerful, balanced temperament and stable individuals who does thing right.

1 Like

How realistically and beautifully put my friend. Thank you.
However, I have never been the one to give up. Throughout my life, whilst being in the Armed Forces and in the Civy Street, I have persevered, worked hard, succeeded, been there for my loved ones and got to where I am.
Unfortunately, I have taken a stumble at this stage in life, from which I have to get myself up. I am very determined and in a strong state of mind and refuse to see myself as a failure or unlucky. I will never give up but I respect your sincerity, honest and open thoughts. Thank you…

If that’s your choice, start a trade journal and practice with a DEMO account, while fulfilling your secular humanist obligation. There many bored beneficent old timers around and may just pop by your trade journal to lend a helping hand.

Keep moving forward, below is a short clip from Rocky Balboa that really moved me. Watch till the end, the best part is at the end.

1 Like

Very moving indeed. Thank you very much. That’s what I believe in me and I refuse to be beaten. I have learnt the hard way and I will get back up with small but sure steps.
Thank you once again.

Welcome @Sunray401 hope you find some inspiration from BP! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ouch!

Oh man. Rough times indeed, glad you’re over that phase, You’re very lucky to have your family. :slight_smile: Welcome to the community - looking forward to seeing more posts from ya. Wishing you all the best!

Most definitely. :slight_smile:

Welcome to babypips @Sunray401. It’s good that you still want to continue after losing a lot. I’m still in the process of demo trading and even on demo I already have issues. I feel like if I lose a lot on demo I’ll be losing interest to continue. But I also believe that with continued learning and practice we’ll get there. I started a trading journal here and maybe you can start one too so that others can help you out. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile: