Greetings from a Veteran News Trader

Hello BabyPips Community,

I’m delighted to join this vibrant forum. My name is Alex Turner, and I bring over 25 years of experience in news trading and market analysis. Throughout my career, I’ve specialized in leveraging news events to drive trading decisions, and I’ve developed numerous strategies that have stood the test of time.

About Me:

My trading career began in the early 90s, and since then, I’ve navigated the evolving landscape of financial markets, focusing on news-driven strategies. My expertise spans a range of financial instruments, including forex, commodities, and equities. Over the years, I’ve refined my approach to capitalize on market reactions to economic reports, geopolitical events, and corporate news.

What I’m Looking For:

I’m here to explore and discuss alternative strategies that can complement my current methods. The market has evolved significantly, and I believe there’s always room for innovation and learning. I’m particularly interested in:

• New Approaches to News Trading: How are others adapting their strategies in response to the rapid flow of information?
  • Advanced Tools and Indicators: What cutting-edge tools or indicators are proving effective in today’s market environment?
  • Collaborative Insights: Sharing and discussing new techniques with like-minded traders to refine and enhance our strategies.

Why I’m Here:

While my experience has provided me with a solid foundation, I’m always eager to learn and adapt. The BabyPips community has a reputation for being forward-thinking and innovative, and I’m excited to engage with you all, exchange ideas, and explore new strategies that could elevate our trading game.

If you have any insights, innovative strategies, or tools you’ve found effective, I’d love to hear from you. Let’s collaborate and discover new ways to stay ahead in the ever-evolving world of trading.

Looking forward to engaging discussions and shared learning!

Best regards,

Alex Turner

1 Like

Hi @goldfishforex, welcome to BP. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m wondering your trading instrument. Would you like to elaborate more?
I’m always curious with others trading perspective. Can you share a bit your trading methodology in a big picture?

Warmest Regards,

TYG

Alex Turner,

What a beautiful informative introduction.
Nice to meet you on this forum.

I have much less experience than you when it comes to this trading business.

For me I have begun to shift my focus from traditional FOREX which I attempted to leverage on learning from a trader who runs a prop firm and educational courses with similar experience to yours. Unfortunately even trying to learn the approach through the course I still find it difficult to be consistently profitable. The strategy I learned used simple trend lines to give indication of “ideal” technical levels for entry and leveraging news events to know when to trade and what direction.

Now I have shifted to US Equities Futures (in particular ES or S&P500) and hence able to leverage the use of level 2 order book data. I’m beginning to have consistent results now.

When it comes to news, recently I have not focused much on news, but over the next few weeks or months I will do research into the planned data that seems to have the most important on the S&P500. And I will build my own Macroeconomic calendar using MS Excel.

All the best.

Welcome to the community, Alex! Thanks for sharing your background with us. Looking forward to hearing more about the strategies you’ve developed and how they’ve stood the test of time.

Welcome Alex! :blush: It’s always great to have experienced traders in the community. 25 years is pretty impressive! :smiley: If you mind, within those 25 years, what would you say is your biggest achievement as a trader?

Hi and welcome, Alex! I hope you’re enjoying your stay here and we’ll be looking forward to your contributions! See you around!