Greetings to the Fellowship of traders

Hello to all.

My Name is Aldo.N. I come from Switzerland, and I honestly can’t remember how I got to know about babypips. I think through some YouTube video. Anyway, I am glad I am here. I got interested in trading because I have seen the potential trading, has when you want to change your life.

Unfortunately, I was lazy and started looking for the easy way to get me to where I want to be. Meaning I fell for a few scammers and lost a couple of thousands to people who promised they could multiply my money. I learned my lesson.

Now I have decided if it’s to be, it’s up to me. I want to lean the tricks of the trade - Pun not intended - If I want to see changes in my life I have to learn this and do it myself. That’s why I’m here. So, I hope to meet a bunch of good people here with whom I can share experiences and from whom I can learn from.

So, what’s my motivation?

I always felt there has to be more to life than working to make somebody else rich. Working to just make ends meet. Working to just pay my bills, get enough to eat, pay my gas, so I can go to work even more, just look at my bank account at then end of the month and see that I barely broke even.

There has to be more.

I want to fill up my bank account until it blows up. I want to quit my job as long I have the energy to enjoy my life while I’m young. Here’s the thing, I’m 38 now, and I don’t plan to work until I’m 65 only to find out what I already know. My pension is not going to last long enough to support a lifestyle that is actually worth living.

Going to work and look forward to my next vacation is not exactly what a dream life looks like. Oh, …that’s, If my boss approves that I can go on vacation… As I rely on somebody else’s mercy to be able to take some time off.

I want my entire life to feel like I am on vacation. Not only that, but I want control over my life! That’s all I want. I want this for myself, and once I have obtained it, I want to show others how they can get it too. I have so many people I’d love to help. But I can’t unless I find out how to help myself first.

Ok, that’s enough about me and what I dream about. Thank you for reading. I look forward to talk to as many of you as possible.

Good mindset and a reasonable ambition. It will take time though, there’s no short cut to learning how to trade FX properly and proficently.

To be successful you have to learn yourself inside out - how to manage your emotional reactions to every trade. That is the most difficult to achieve. Only experience will help you control PAIN, which every human is evolved to avoid at all costs.

That’s your major challenge.

Best of luck.

Every new trader should make a good plan to make money from this market.

I don’t really understand that emotion thing. What exactly is the deal with it? Why should I get emotional about it? :man_shrugging: I try to look at it as neutral as I can. When my time comes, I analyze the market thoroughly, I place my trade and let the ball roll. Whatever happens, happens. The goal is to win trades, of course, but If I don’t go too crazy with the money I place, I think I should be fine. Don’t you think?

Educational section of babypips will be the best option to learn.

Start with babypips school

Good to see a few newbies joining that are approaching it with the right mindset and with their eyes open. It takes time, patience and hard work to make a go of it so if you’re not scratching around for the money you are more likely to allow the trading to come together and with that the money, rather than force the issue and lose it.

Good luck with your trading journey. It does require a lot of hard work but it can be well worth it. There are lots of people on this forum to help.

Thanks, guys. I’m slowly working my way through the first module. There are many new terms I have to memorize if I want to understand trading lingo. But I got help. In case anyone is not so much into reading, I am using a bot that reads the pages for me. Works pretty well. It helps me keep a faster pace. I can always go back and re-read whatever I need to understand better. Since the lessons are not on video, I thought this would be the closest I can get. Look for text to speech in the chrome app store. The one I’m using is called priceless text to speech and is free of charge. I hope this helps anyone.