Guy advise me take few pips

Guys I am going to scalp with 1 min and 5 min chart. and I take an idea using 15 min and 1hr chart. but currently i earn small profit as I have not a good moving average combination. I am waiting for crossing the line by canddles. I think each time frames should have different period MA s. so please guys tell me which MA combinations good for 1min and 5min frames and which are good for 1hr and 15min charts… I look for about 5-10 pipis per trade but currently it is about 1-3 pips… I take about 5 entries per day.

Look, If we had a reliable system to get 10 pips 3-4 times a day - We wouldn’t be sitting here talking about it _ We’d be doing it !

And there’s no Freakin’ way - we’d be telling the whole worls about it on a public forum !

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

hehe… Yeah. Fair call

@Sandausp
Mate, MA’s on such a short timeframe (in my opinion) are not reliable

I like to test things, i like it when i can get an indicator and observe it, and if a certain number of things happen price goes up.
and if the opposite happens it goes down
i then i know i can RELY on that indicator

Sadly there is no 1 indicator that does this
so we have to formulate a variety of indies and other sources to give confluence

the point being, i like to rely on things before i place a trade

Now. i’ve tried what you are describing, it won’t work
You’re MA’s can tell you , it’s going down down down and then… HOLY CRAP it went up
because that’s what happens on low timeframes[quote=“Sandausp, post:1, topic:125566”]
I think each time frames should have different period
[/quote]

Great… then go an test that on Demo
Start with like 4 MA’s
test whether it’s best to use EMA’s or SMA’s
do all this on demo

be scientific about it
TEST IT
OBSERVE THE RESULTS
figure out what works for you and your style of trading

QUESTION . WHY are you looking for around 5-10 pips per trade ? (What calculation did you perform to determine that this was the right thing for you and the right goal to set) why did not set at 6.7 Pips - 9.4 Pips for example ?

you need to understand THE REASON why you do things, otherwise you might be chasing something that cannot occur.

Fact is… you are not really going to get any reliable answer here
you have to run tests and learn from them

if it helps… In Electronics - Current , Voltage , And Resistance have a very close relationship.
When i troubleshoot electronics and Current is not flowing, i ask myself the question, WHERE IS THE RESISTANCE or Lack of Voltage

Why don’t you ask yourself the same question

you said, you can pull in 1 - 3 Pips
but you can’t pull in 5 - 10
WHY NOT ? What is stopping you from achieving that ? (Where is the Resistance)

in Forex, Resistance can be

• Lack of Knowledge
  • Lack of funds
  • The Broker
  • The Market
  • Indicators or EA’s (either , having them or not having them can be both negative or positive in situations)

you gotta play around with it and look at it logically

there is no magic pill that someone is going to say… HERE YOU GO… Free of Charge hehe
that won’t happen
Hope this helps