Happy Corner: Aussie (AUD) pairs

Same here! Undecided too! When in doubt, stay out, I guess?

Always!! I’m seeing nothing in the chart to give me a definitive read on direction, I could make a case for both short and long. So I’m sitting on my hands.

Yep i noticed this morning you have gone long. Am i right in thinking that both your orders have been triggered now? Looks like it went quite close to your stop not long ago. I see a nice resistence turned support level at about 1.0535 which I am going to go long from if price drops that far and i see some price ation conformation. Lets hope it hits your profit target and then reverses so I can go long as well!!

I really want to short the AUD/USD, Aussie data came out better than expected but Chinese data wasnt as great as expected, so it might signal an opp to short to the bottom channel line on the daily chart or it can just continue its strong bullish ascent. So at this point I havn’t done either but am I actively looking for an opp to short.

Also does anyone think the slower Chinese growth could prompt a cut in the interest rate which would strengthen the region and the AUD even further?

I’ve been looking for a chance to short (based on technicals) as well! But this pair just can’t seem to stop rallying. I like what you pointed out about the potential for a Chinese rate cut though and Forex Gump seems to be echoing the same sentiment: Is China Losing Steam? | Forex Blog: Piponomics

Plus, the RBA has been relatively more upbeat lately, which could be another factor supporting AUD.

This one goes out to the Aussie bears! On the 1-hr chart is a nice falling channel, which has been holding since the start of the month. AUD/USD is having trouble dropping below the 1.0500 area near the bottom of the channel, but I bet we’ll see some movement over the next couple of trading sessions.

Plan my trade and trade my plan.

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/45262-live-trading-forex-mind-games.html#post382149

I am trading long around 1.0440. Stop loss 30pips.

Cool, cool. Where’s your target?

Trade is cancelled. Miss my entry price by 15pips. If trade was filled, my first target would be around 1.0600.

Boo. Better luck next time then! See ya around!

Just went long Aussie on the 4H pinbar. Stop loss 30 pips, first target 1.79.

Good luck trading

Do you think the rising channel on AUD/USD’s daily chart will hold? This pair has been at it for nearly three months now! The next support seems to be at the 1.0400 area, but is a breakdown possible anytime soon?

Interesting your charts look a little different than mine. According to mine we broker the trendline with a immediate retest then the big red candke to confirm the breakout to the bottom. That is the reason I am shooting for the 1.02 fig and not the bottom of the trendline. Well either way a trailed my stop down on my short from last sunday @ 1.0560 so I am garunteed profit no matter what but I would really like it to hit that 1.02 fig. If it does it will be by far the best trade os my short career.

Also what setting do you use on you stochastic? Mine set on 14,3,3 is showing some major bullish hidden divergence which could be a bad sign for me.

Do you think the rising channel on AUD/USD’s daily chart will hold? This pair has been at it for nearly three months now! The next support seems to be at the 1.0400 area, but is a breakdown possible anytime soon?

I’ve been long since earlier today on this pair. I saw some reversal candles indicating that the trendline did hold and the price had bounced. Currently I am down 46 pips, have my fingers crossed on this one, but not too worried yet since it is the daily chart. Plus I searched and found your chart and got a bit more confidence.

Setup was long at 1.0489 (market), Stop at 1.0400, Target at 1.0700.

Hey guys, first time posting on this forum. Anyway, im really excited about the aud.usd, and wanted to share my thoughts. Right now im up 80 pips from the move from the top, but this afternoons rally really bit into me. So im about to short the pair again. My stop loss is 1.0425, and my target levels will be 1.0300 and 1.0230. Wish me luck!

I like your style. My short from last week got stopped today for +100 pips. I will look to get in at 1.0550 but might take the rest of the week off because I can :smiley:

AUD/USD is in a rising channel on the daily chart, and had just bounce from the bottom of the channel. I figure your stop has already been tripped.

Slightly frustrating week for me on the AUDUSD. It has not been trending and is moving in a yo-yo manner. Up down up down. The yo-yo movement is clearly evident on the 1 hour chart. It is hard to trade when prices move like roller coasters, up one moment, down the other moment.

On the daily chart, i do see a wave 4 on the Elliott Wave Count. According to Elliott Wave theory, wave 4’s are especially prone to exhibit choppy behaviours. This might explain why we are seeing the yo-yo pattern on the 1 hour chart.

Some technical traders love Elliott Wave. Others dismiss it as mumbo-jumbo hocus pocus. To each their own. Elliott Wave requires constant adjusting of the wave count. Therefore i only use Elliott Wave on my daily and weekly charts. And i will only use it when necessary and when i see a clear wave count. I will post a daily chart to show the Elliott Wave Count soon.

ya aud.usd is definitely following risk trends, and i know that it has a strong correlation with the sp500. I just dont see a channel break coming this soon. First because i think we retest the 1425 level on the s&p, and secondly because QE3 means a weakening of the us dollar. I might look to start cost averaging on a short starting at 1.0450.

AUDUSD is forming a nice Elliott Wave bullish pattern. I believe we are currently in wave 4, which is a corrective or counter-trend wave. One thing about Elliott Wave trading is that the wave counts require constant re-adjusting. To solve this inherent issue, I prefer to use Elliott Wave trading on the daily and weekly charts. And voila! Problem “solved!!”

The daily chart below shows the wave count.

On the 4hr chart, wave 4 is obeying a falling channel. Once price breaks above the falling channel, it should be the start of wave 5. Watch carefully and wait patiently for wave 5. It can a really powerful bullish up move.