Happy Corner: Kiwi (NZD) pairs

Here’s another day trade setup! NZD/USD is on an 80-pip range on the 1-hour chart and it looks like it’s not breaking out anytime soon. Make sure that you read up on trading breakouts if you’re planning on a breakout trade! Alternatively, you can place tight stop losses and just trade the Kiwi’s short-term range.

Hope you don’t mind me asking but my Stochastic Chart looks a little different, can I just check the settings with you ,as yours looks more like it than mine?

Thanks
Miss Dolly

A sell signal on the Kiwi?
RBNZ’s Wheeler: New Zealand economy faces challenges, including the dollar

It looks like the Kiwi’s uptrend is still intact, as the rising channel on its 1-hour time frame has been holding like a boss! The pair bounced upon opening this week and appears on its way back to the top, based on the stochastic signal. If it keeps climbing, it could test resistance at .7900.

Wave 3 is exhausted in area 0.77. Now I am expecting a weak rebound before a new fall.

Who’s ready to buy the Kiwi? NZD/USD is currently at a very sweet trend line support on the weekly chart. What makes this setup more interesting is that it’s also near the 0.7700 major psychological support and that Stochastic is at the oversold area. Are you up for trading this one?

yup, im long already…with stoploss at recent bottom…

Don’t look now but NZD/USD might be in for a strong bounce! On its daily time frame, the pair has made a bullish divergence as price made lower lows while stochastic made higher lows. There seems to be enough upward momentum, but you should probably wait for more confirmation if you plan to jump in!

What is the fibonacchi levels ?
and when is the best moment to jump into long? I mean you said “probably wait for more confirmation” what are those confirmations we should wait ?

Im now long NZD. Not so sure about the USD though so I decided to go with a cross and short EUR/NZD. I think it might be a very valuable trade for the next few weeks.

The weekly stochastic let me think about a bottom in formation.

Meeting of the central bank of New Zealand on July 24th. Short oscillators are positioning towards the overbought and I think this is the prelude to a weakness of the kiwi after the meeting.

Here’s a sweet and simple trend play on NZD/USD! The Kiwi has been quietly trading higher against the dollar since late last year and it doesn’t looklike it’s stopping anytime soon. A stop just below the trend rising trend line could still give you a good risk ratio if you think that the pair is on its way to new highs.

Real interest rates in New Zealand are largely positive (on the 10 years we are on 340 basis points). This benefits the currency but until when is it going to be tolerable?

Tonight meeting of the RNBZ. New measures on the rates as in Australia?

NzdUsd is closed to wave 4, oscillators are overbought and the 200-days moving average is in the area. I would evaluate the closure of long positions on the Kiwi.

NZD/USD is testing the rising trend line on its 1-hour time frame, as the pair is finding support near the .8000 major psychological level. Stochastic is oversold, which means that Kiwi sellers are exhausted. The 61.8% Fib level appears to be holding, too.

Bad news for the Kiwi after reaching the resistance area of 0.80 in the overbought; building permits fell by 4% and the seasonality of August is unfavorable. Sell kiwi!!

Ready for wave C on the Kiwi, but come back short in area 0.81, because of the start of the bear market.

Last but definitely not the least is the second trade setup that I’m taking this week! NZD/USD is lollygagging near the 50% Fib on the 4-hour chart, which isn’t surprising considering that the area had served as a support and resistance level in the past. Stochastic is still in the overbought region though, so I’ll probably wait for a stronger bearish divergence signal before I jump in.