Hardware Wallet Recommendations?

I’m thinking of buying a hardware wallet to store my bitcoin and ether. I’m looking at the Trezor or Ledger Nano S.

Anybody have any experience with either? Which one would you recommend between the two? Or is there another hardware wallet I should be looking at?

I’m deciding between Ledger Nano S and KeepKey. The upside to KeepKey is that I can buy it now but 1) it’s more expensive and 2) looks like they don’t have ERC20 token support yet. Plus I saw that the fees on KeepKey cannot be changed. That last one may be why I will instead go with Ledger Nano S.

Do you also own other altcoins?

1 Like

Yeah, I own XRP and the best altcoin ever…DOGE. :grin:

2 Likes

I just got my ledger for xmass and I am really happy with it. It supports btc and eth, and most importantly, it supports SegWit so transactions ar fairly cheap and fast.

2 Likes

So hard to find though. How long did you have to wait to get yours? They’re on pre-order again now and I won’t get it until March. :confused:

I like that it supports a lot of the ERC20 tokens!

Hi @TradingPanda! :slight_smile:

Since I’ve been looking into cryptocurrencies lately, I’ve also been reading hardware wallet reviews.
For me, it looks like the Ledger Nano S is the way to go. Apart from the fact that I think it looks sexier :blush: they seem to have almost identical features and yet, the Ledger Nano is a lot cheaper! Haha.

Anyway, I hope you let us know which one you’d end up buying! :smiley:

Recent news about Ledger wallets:

Oh wow. :frowning: This certainly does not help in bringing back the confidence in cryptocurrencies. (It seems like there’s nothing but losses and failures for crypto lately!) :sweat:

I’m really sure doge will cost 1$ at the end of 2018)))

@Navs24 Haha you really love doge! You must own a lot of it!

Yep! It’s not a million dogecoins, but 100k approx it will be))

Do you store them in a hardware wallet?

I’m storing them in https://my.dogechain.info/

Ah. You think it’s safe there? Don’t have my Ledger yet, thinking of moving some of my coins to a paper wallet in the meantime. All these exchange hacks are making me nervous.

To tell the truth i don’t know any other wallets or system for storing… If you have some ideas or suggestions it would be great :slight_smile:

Looks like you can also use Ledger for Doge. I’m sure it’ll work with Trezor also or Keepkey. :slight_smile:

Yep, i think it would be safer if i hold my doge in dogechain and Ledger. At least one of these wallets can safe my coins :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot :wink:

1 Like