Has anybody heard of Global Online Market Limited?

I started learning Chinese, and download an app for that HelloTalk.

And one girl from China contacted me, and never stop talk about their Investments in BTC and how his teacher the guidance she receive from GloblalOnline, make her a profitable trader.

I keep talking with this girl because answer me in Chinese and Its a good speaking excercise but she always try to encourage me to open an account and she introduce me a MR. LIU who is an ‘‘Investment Broker at the Asia Headquaters of GlobalOnline’’.

He send me an application form in a Word document.

So, in my opinion its a Scam. And I dont have any trust in giving my information in a Word Document to a guy who i cant talk and to a company that doesnt have any directions or numbers to contact.

1 Like

Good job. Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

Update. August 2019 This scam is still alive and well. I was turned onto this blog post by a friend who experienced the same thing as everyone here and also Including myself. I spoke with a broker named Yang on wechat after being introduced by a famous Chinese model. After image reversing a search on her photo I found the real model’s weibo account and saw that her location was no were near Hong Kong which is were the woman who introduced me to Global Online was located. I continued asking for photos and she continues sending them, even promising to meet me in several months. I think the one difference between myself and everyone here is that unlike everyone else here I actually sent Global Online Market limited $2000 USD. The bank charged $45 wire transfer fee and within days my first trade was profitable. I earned $900 on the high leverage trade. My second trade almost emptied out my account. My theory is the analyst gave me a false trade so that I’d hit my stop loss. They did this by slowing down their platform by 15 minutes, so that they could predict the exact time when to make that happen. This is also how they were able to have a 100% success rate in July. They told me that July was the most successful month to trade a the market was stable during the summer. They wanted me to put in $10K. So I agreed and then said, that I needed to withdraw my funds for personal reasons but rest assured I would invest soon. I was able to get back $666. Kind of symbolic. And I haven’t heard from them since. I continue to talk to Mia who was the woman who is pretending to trade. I’ve gotten her to send me multiple photos of her account, which looks to me to be only a demo account. I was just so amazed at how much time Mia dedicated and how good she was a talking to me. There were a total of 10 red flags. But discovering the location of the real girl finally let me know Mia was not who she said she was. Although they deny it, they are working on some sort of commission basis. And there are about 6 other girls who have also contacted me with similar scams related to trading. They are all slightly different. But the one common thread is the girls will says something like, “You should follow the advice of my analyst to trade.” or if you actually sign up and create a demo account, “You are getting so good at this, you should trade with real money. We can be making money together.” Although Global online limited says they are registered I have not done any research on this. All I know is they could either be Market Makers or they are stop hunting, or they are controlling their platform, slowing it down by 10 to 15 minutes to be able to predict exactly how the market will go and control the outcome. The outcome is that they don’t actually want you to make money. They want you to lose so that they can say that you lost. But the money is actually all in their account and so they just keep it. One last thing, when they finally sent me my money, it came from a private account, not a company. I asked for a copy of my funds in the account before they sent me my funds and they refused. But at least I got back my $666.25

3 Likes

Sorry to hear you lost some money but glad you got out. Thanks for posting your experience!

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

OMG. I am happy to find this website and this thread. I am experiencing exact the same thing especially get to know a pretty girl that sent me all pictures in luxury places!!! so passionate in encouraging me to join her doing investment together. She keeps pressuring me to open an account in fx-gam-vn for a demo account and teach me how to make money on this investment. Started from FB then asked me to take it out to another social media site.

Alarm bells are ringing…

Really interesting thread, thank you for the information