Has anybody heard of Global Online Market Limited?

Hi I am very new to here and to trading.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Does this broker and website look genuine to you?

Is there any way to tell if they are real or if I will get ripped off by them?

They are registered with the NFA, does that hold any weight or accountability?
https://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/Exemptions.aspx?entityId=xGrzrO%2F0p7Q%3D

Someone I met on social media is encouraging me to open an account with them. I have been using MetaTrader4 for a week with the help of my new friend I met online, then she hooked me up with a broker/analyst that works for this website.

With their help I have been making great profits with a demo account.

Obviously this sounds like a real scam, but the truth is I am just too green to know for sure and I am hoping some more experienced people can see any obvious flaws.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi redd28,
Iā€™m just shocked, because Iā€™m experiencing EXACTLY the same. Is your ā€œfriendā€ by chance from China? Does her name starts with L?

Puh, I was just checking this site, because we got to the same stage. But somehow I got alerted by my gut feeling.

I hope you reply quick so we can unmask her. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi redd28 and AshGrey,
I was doing some research on this website and found this thread. I happened to met this girl claiming to be from China but migrated to Hong Kong (and yes, her name start with ā€œLā€).

She referred me to this guy (name starts with ā€œBā€) who said he can help me to create an account for free. Both persons are very persistent and kept encouraging me to invest.

3 Likes

If you meet someone trying to make you open an account they are probably an affiliate.

1 Like

Wow, thats amazing.

Yes, she is from China but her name starts with ā€œBā€.

You may have found this already but there was VERY similar goings on with a site from Australia called Trademax.
https://www.forexbrokerz.com/brokers/trademax-capital-review

Thanks so much for posting, I had been feeling very confused and conflicted!

Thanks for posting your comment Jackie001. It really helps to clarify things.

1 Like

Hi Jackie001, you too?!
Oh my God, Iā€™m so angry and feel abused because we became almost friends and shared a lot - and I feel lucky too because I followed my intuition and checked first (ending up here) before opening an account with them and probably get ripped off.
I donā€™t understand these people but I believe in Karma!

Thanks all for sharing. Best regards and good luck.

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome. Anyway, I found another discussion site related to this company (You will find a lot of useful information [related to this company] given by those people posting over there) =>

Well, scammers can take advantage of the digital era to scam people; people have to be smart to use the same technology to perform research and be smart too. Bottom line, thereā€™s no easy money in this world unless you go and marry a rich spouse or inherit your great great great grand parentā€™s wealth.

Now get back to workā€¦

1 Like

redd28, AshGrey and Jackie001 this sounds quite familiar! I also was contacted on WeChat by a female named ā€œLanā€ and you know the rest. Just curious: Does she show you a picture of an attractive girl with a red Ferrari? Iā€™m wondering where you were when you made contact with her? For me, it was San Diego. This definitely appears to be a scam. Iā€™d love to hear your details about the contact with her.

2 Likes

Hi DB12, I made contact through Tinder and I was in New Zealand. No Ferrari, but similar types of pictures involving a wealthy lifestyle.

Did you put any money into the ā€œbrokerā€?

1 Like

No, I have been too suspicious to invest anything. She never accepted a request for a video chat, and I know itā€™s quite common for Chinese women to use pictures of other people, so I was skeptical! In doing further research I came across this forum and discussion and it appears my suspicions are justified! Thanks for helping warn me away!:blush:

1 Like

Did you contact her on Tinder or vice versa? In my case, she contacted me on WeChat. Weā€™ve spoken, so I know itā€™s a female, but I believe the pictures she sent are not really her.

1 Like

Hi DB12, Welcome to the club. LOL!
Images of attractive female - yes.
Iā€™ve the same experience as redd28 where she sends pictures of her being in luxurious places.
Youā€™ve a point there on whether her picture is really her. Perhaps I can try doing a video call and see.
We could be talking about the same person; or another person from the same scam group.

2 Likes

I super liked her on Tinder, then she contacted me and we moved to WeChat. Gradually she introduced the idea of trading and using MT4 etc. She showed me outrageous profits that she would make - now I believe those screenshots were from a demo account using manipulated day old data from a phoney ā€˜brokerā€™ - Global Online Market LTDā€™. Seemed to good to be true, lol. When I finally questioned her about it she pulled a 180 on me and got pretty defensive, which is obviously a red flag as I was only raising some reasonable obvious concerns. Luckily I did not invest a cent.

I think there are probably hundreds of people trying similar scams as I have been approached and groomed in similar ways many times on TanTan (Chinese Tinder) as well.

Thanks for commenting on this thread.

Jackie001 and redd28, weā€™ve experienced very similar situations! Initially, my contact didnā€™t push for any bitcoin participation, but after several months of chatting, she started to push a bit more. I requested video chats a couple times, and she told me that it wasnā€™t ā€œtheir cultureā€ to do this, and that ā€œChinese women like their privacyā€! I was definitely on guard after that. I started doing more online research into Global Online Market, which finally led me to this forum. I sure hope more guys can avoid this scam, but Iā€™m afraid these skanks probably succeed quite often. Good luck in the future!

2 Likes

Well, bottomline thereā€™s no such thing as easy and quick earning. Those who jumped into the deal without doing research will learn their lesson in another way.

1 Like

Update: I guess she (not even sure if itā€™s a female) finally decided to leave after failing to get me enrolled. My messages are no longer getting through.

I donā€™t understand why people can enroll in such a thing given the fact that they donā€™t know the people on the other side and thereā€™s no sure way in getting hold of them if anything happens. They can just block you anytime and thatā€™s it.

Hi everyone!

I just wrote a post about GOLM on another forum. Like here, I was also coerced, but through HelloTalk, a language exchange app, to open an account with them through this girl called Kay.

Hereā€™s the link to my post (itā€™s too lengthy to copy/paste).

1 Like

hi justonce, where is your post? the link i can see was made by me on forexarmy!

Hi Redd28, itā€™s on the 2nd page (latest post)!

1 Like