Has anyone else been scammed or is it just me?

Hey AlexH1

What made you pick them in the first place? I’d be interested to hear.

They sounded convincing and I dint realize such scams are out there. I was naive and feel stupid.
interpol can not be reached. You cant report a crime to them.
Has anyone heard of Broker Complaint Registry? I have spoken to them and they have told me to try with my bank. They seemed convinced the bank can assist me even though I made the deposits. I hope they are correct.

Please do your due diligence before paying some company to retrieve the money that’s already been lost.

KC

What do you mean by saying that they “say to put more”? Do they explicitly incline you to add more money in the account? Then it’s clearly a red flag. I would start to initiate legal case against them and write complaints to respective regulators, if they are subject to any?

If you’re in the UK, maybe give this a try. Not sure what they can do if the company is overseas…

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/about/index.html

Is the company based in the UK?

Traders get scammed every now and then, especially new traders who put greed ahead of due diligence. It’s important to get as much information as possible before falling into such traps. Forex Peace Army has a very good review section for brokers that you can use to ensure you only sign up with legitimate brokers

1 Like

talk to a lawyer

1 Like

Though I have not learnt the name of this broker, from your writing somehow it is revealing that the broker can be a scam. Yes, even one of member has the proof that this broker has poor authorization. Thereby next time, try to be sure that you can work with an experienced and credible broker which will definitely help you to secure your capital.

Oh sorry to hear; what’s the update buddy?

Sir you have been scammed. 10k GBP is not small money in any part of the world.

I was in a similar situation to yours in my early days but it was $10 using e-gold platform. Needless to say I let it go.

It’s really huge amount! Don’t know why he deposited this big amount in this type of market maker!

He did not know, newbie mistake and anyone could fall for it.

Dudes. Why persist with giving the OP a rap over the knuckles. Trust me: he feels bad enough about this. And sure doesn’t need the “Johnny Come Lately” advice as to what he SHOULD have or COULD have done. The only applicable advice here is how to go about doing his due diligence when selecting his next broker which some have posted about at the beginning of the thread.

2 Likes

Oh; I see! New traders always need to start with a small amount!

I agree. Starting with a 10K account is like giving a new driver a Lamborghini Aventador SVJ to daily drive.

My dear this is a common and most important factor that must be considered before you select brokers. It happened once with me but due to my ranking and perforamance inthat broker i got my money back dispite in my other account. Thats why all experts suggest tested and tealiable with user friendly brokers so that such unwanted incidents can be stopped. Expert IBs cate all of it. Do not hoin any broker with out any key knowledge its weak points and teputation and sustitute methods. If one fails you can use other to save. Thats why i also suggest forex freedom brokers are recommanded.

That’s the point mate; starting with a big amount means nothing; a decent start is essential here!

I am open to share my experience and to also enlighten everyone on how i was able to recover my money from a scam broker .

1 Like

Thanks for the review , i need help my broker has not responded to my mails and phone calls .

Go on then !

In open forum - if your intentions are in any way benevolent !