Has anyone read Laurentiu Damir's books

I know what you mean… at least the battery won’t die on a paperback either :blush:

Both his books are good reads and definitely get you thinking about what drives the fx markets (and how to spot the drivers). They can be a little bit heavy at points and I have to read certain bits maybe 4 or 5 times but definitely worth it in my opinion.

Getting your feet wet is all part of the fun though. My initial tip would be to focus on pip gains as opposed to money gains in the beginning. Try different ideas and find out what works for you, whether it’s double tops, trending markets with fib retracements or value zones & tails (you’ll see what I mean when the books arrive) :wink:

Happy trading my friend :+1:

That’s good advice not just for starting traders, but for experienced traders too. If you can consistently make pips, AND practice good money management, then the money will flow. How much is just details.

[quote=“DJB4TTS, post:22, topic:57982”]
Try different ideas and find out what works for you, whether it’s… [/quote]

At this stage of my education I find myself reading various set-ups (3 Ducks, London Open, High Five, etc.) and I ask myself:

• Do I understand why this set-up might be profitable?
  • What market conditions are required for this set-up to work?
  • Under what market conditions would this set-up absolutely NOT work?
  • What time frame is the set-up designed to work in (Swing, Day, Scalp)?
  • How much time would this set-up require me to set aside to monitor the trade?
  • Can I research & execute this trade in the time I have set aside each day to trade (7:00-8:30 AM EST)?

I find I’m learning a lot by discovering my many set-ups DON’T fit my personality and trading style. But I’m also gleaning useful tools to fine tune the one set-up I’ve found so far that DOES fit my personality, trading style, and life style.

2 Likes

His recent book Price Action Breakdown was a game changer for me. You need to have a decent understanding of trading first but it will simplify the concept of trading and completely demistify a chart when you look at it. The way its written can be hard to follow at times so read it twice and sit in front of a screen with tradingview open and follow the prompts.

6 Likes

Yeah. I owe My trading success to him. The Price Action Breakdown book was a turning point for me. I like his other books but I think his work on the Price Action Breakdown is the best

1 Like

I have been trading on and off for years. I am just starting to apply the ideas with money, but so far, the context that it provides to larger market movement seems very helpful

It contains a lot of resourceful information. But like any strategy, one must follow it to the T.