Has BabyPips turned sterile?

This is my first time here and just starting to explore Babypips forum. I came across this question and inappropriate language is swearing, name calling, just to start. Every one has a viewpoint and if you disagree play what you see.

Given all the comments I see in discussions here about the forumā€™s history of censoring the posts of valued members who contributed a lot of high quality stuff, while protecting those so obviously posting just to promote their websites and services, it comes across at least ā€œsuspiciouslyā€ if posts like that are removed, but thank you for reinstating it, which I admit I didnā€™t expect.

Yes I agree totally with what you all are saying. It seem like the forum is not responsivel

:wink: ok sureā€¦@RISKonFX

Changes are in the works. Progress tracking is also returning. So thanks for your patience while we get those updates out to you.

Well I was still doing the school and after the update itā€™s lost track of my education.

School progress feature was removed but it will be coming back very soon.

So what has happened to the OP of this thread (Bob).

Has he been banned or is there a system fault - apparently he posted 1 day ago, but no sign of such a post?

Bob, are you out there or have they taken away your voice?

Even a whisper will do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gday bro. Yeah Bob was sent to detention for having a bad attitude. ( We are at school After all). But theyā€™ve let me out. Just have to remember to speak the queens english not australian bogan slang.

And no more telling people to get mummy to change their panties when they sulk.

2 Likes

I knew that bogan slang would get you into trouble Bob :koala:
Whatever you do, donā€™t ever mention anything about dingos eating anyones baby :grin:

1 Like

All the pip/pimp jokes on the site from the start had me wondering if we were in the pub, but its now clear weā€™re in the common room. Personally, Iā€™d say so long as no oneā€™s actually insulting or badgering anyone, weā€™re all good. Bovine waste doesnā€™t offend me! :smiley: But then, itā€™s someone elseā€™s house and rules. Man, youā€™ve posted some good stuff here. Many people have. Right now, this is the first place I go when I need info from the Forex community. Whatever language we all speak, Iā€™d like to keep the trove of knowledge available. As answer to the title of this thread, I really hope this place hasnā€™t turned sterile. We should all push back on the things that need to change and keep it going.

1 Like

I hadnā€™t noticed the grey on white graphics until you pointed it out, but you are absolutely correct! Readability is key and a change to black/white or black/very light grey or yellow would make for a good change to the new forum format.

I have to admit that these changes are sort of difficult for me as well to get used to. I hope things will be pruned and improved gradually such that it becomes win 10 in the end and not win 8ā€¦

Itā€™s nice to see some old timers around here btw.

@o990l6mh, thanks for the feedback. Weā€™re looking at making some tweaks to improve readability. Stay tuned. :slight_smile:

I can only send private messages after 50 posts?

You need to transition to a Basic User (Trust Level 1). Read more about Trust Levels here.

Hey Bob, I got into trouble for humor, using the term ā€œUnicorn Fartsā€. Now from what some of my insider sources tell me and by the names on the site, some of the Founders/Admin/Etc folks here are professionals, ā€œtradersā€ BuySide/SellSiders, whats funny about this is, if you ever had a chance to go into the pits, well your ā€œBoganā€ slang is kids stuff compared to what could be heard on any day there, not to mention being covered in spit, and the smell of, well you get the idea. They have to know this, and trying to deny the nature of the beast is impossible. Trading is mentally one of the toughest jobs in the world, which explains the high rate of substance abuse, medical issues, etc. If a person canā€™t handle some criticism, good natured ribbing, or mild ā€œCussinā€ as we say in the South, they will never ever ever survive in this career. But it is their site, if it falls flat due to certain restrictions, oh well another will certainly take itā€™s place, possibly with a more realistic view of who comes to trading sites in the first place.

The Ever Opinionated VIPER

1 Like

@TradeViper, Jeff is that you? :slight_smile:
Oh, man, I lived to see this.

First time I stop in here in ages and the only thing I can think of is the phrase ā€˜jump the sharkā€™

Ha ha, so you came back on BP the same time with VIPER. Coincidence ?? :slight_smile:

Actually, it is a great conspiracy. I control Talon by telepathy. How anyone can confuse me with anyone else is beyond me. Oh, TD, Mike is the gift that keeps on giving, no shark jumping, just pure boredom break.

The Ever Telepathic VIPER

1 Like