Has BabyPips turned sterile?

Is it just me or has the forum just died in the since the switch?

Personally, I don’t mind the new format but it doesn’t matter how you dress mutton. However I feel a definite lack of interest exist now for forum participation. [poll type=multiple min=1 max=2]

• Yes, I planned to continue participation in the forum.
  • No, this is the beginning of the end of the forum.
    [/poll]
1 Like

Sterile’s the right word, I think it’s what Manxx was driving at Crude Oil trading

1 Like

Tbh I got out of BP everything I wanted or needed a long time ago - these days I’m just passing by from time to time. I do have to agree that it’s not quite as entertaining as it was perhaps five years back, but change happens.

I also can only assume that a vast number of members here back at that time were from the US, a place which is now continuing to push retail brokers out of the market, and thus US based retail traders.

I do miss some of members here which we used to have - it was insightful and entertaining at the same time.

No one will remember the likes of @ddrankin , @eremarket , @JackMarkets … sure one of those members went off the rails, but my god these three really had some of us in tears laughing!

Also, what ever happened to @dpaterso - a wealth of knowledge.

More recently @lexys and prior to that @PipNRoll - a loss of knowledge sharing really. But, as I said at the start of this reply, change happens. So, I wish them all the best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ya haven’t seen Lexys for sometime…wonder how she getting on

She left here a while ago, no idea how she’s doing. But, i’m sure she’s just fine.

1 Like

That good that good.

OMG I just got flagged by the admin for the use of the word buttocks (except aussie spelling). And I see @tommor has also been flagged.

@Pipstradamus. You and your mob need to stop being such prudes. Australian slang is a unique language that typically is made up of a mess of words generally only truly understood by us Australians. It brings color and meaning to an otherwise barren and lifeless landscape. The only juveniles it offends are yourselves. Seriously bro.

And if you are offended by such language then I strongly suggest you don’t trade period!

The results of the poll thus far, strongly suggest that excessive moderation is contributing to the “sterile” enviroment it has become. I think you need to review this post by @_mental

The value of long term members

4 Likes

hiya, I have a picture with no bra and just pants on, but from my back, but its deleted and they told me its illegal to have this avatar in this website under ‘adult content avatar’ or something like this?! :dizzy_face:

“Your post was flagged by the community.”

WTF justifies that?

Could it be coincidence that I’m flagged right as I criticise the decision to go for this lame new forum set-up?

Apparently I have been flagged for using a two-letter abbreviation which comprises a capital B followed by a capital S.

Is that really justified? Does that really need to be done to protect forum users? Or is it more to protect forum managers from criticism over their decision to go for this painful endless scrolling programme??

1 Like

Well, I clicked on the link to see my messages as advised, and I have no messages.

Is there something BP wants to say to me?

1 Like

Send it to me, I’ll advise if it’s acceptable :wink: haha

2 Likes

Yes, to stop inappropriate language. I think that’s easy to see. So not criticism. Just inappropriate language with a simple fix. We haven’t removed any criticism since the relaunch, and we don’t plan to, but continued violations of our policy, by anyone, will result in temporary and permanent bans.

And infinite scroll isn’t going anywhere. You’ve mentioned several times your dislike for the feature. We hear you, but it’s a feature central to the platform. It’s here to stay.

If you have problems with these actions, PM me and we can work them out.

But that’s the point. Who defines what is inappropriate language. Right wing conservatives such as yourselves.

I think your target group is a bit more mature than that.

And it could be strongly argued that if you are sensitive to such language that you have no business speculating in the first place. We’re all a bit tougher than that bro.

The members are voting and they are leaving. Can’t argue with that!

1 Like

@_bob We, as the community owners and moderators, define that. Even if a group is mature enough to handle such language, that doesn’t mean they want to see it. And we’ve made the same decision. We don’t want to see it. The more you see it the more people think it’s okay to post in that manner.

Our moderation efforts won’t please everybody. But inappropriate language isn’t as gray-area or complex as other issues we face. So please keep it clean.

You have moderators who are ultra-strict about very mild language but you also have people posting spam, with links, in their very first posts here, and apparently no way to remove or report it at all. I can’t see a “report” or “flag” link or anything of the kind and am wondering why.

Meanwhile two thirds of the people replying to the poll in this thread think that the forum’s on its way out of existence.

Perhaps people are wondering whether you have your priorities quite right?

It’s not exactly in your face, but it can be found…

2 Likes

I see it in your picture above but not in people’s posts.

Maybe I haven’t been here long enough yet for it to be visible to me, or something?

My point is that the forum seems unmoderated in all the usual ways that forums are moderated, until someone uses some very mild bad language, and then suddenly it’s excessively moderated.

People’s priorities can be seen from how they react to things (or not).

1 Like

@LaughingCharlie

Have you got this ‘badge’?

If not then I suppose as you correctly suggested, this is why…

Actually, you haven’t - Annoying I know…

1 Like

Thanks, RiskonFX.

Most things about this forum seem pretty “annoying”, overall.

I’m trying to be tolerant and give it the benefit of the doubt as I know it’s recently had a big change of interface etc.

All the same one has to wonder, given all the member feedback on quite a range of issues, historical and new, about its owner’s priorities?

1 Like