Has inflation peaked?

US CPI data is due on Friday, and will likely be of added interest as investors continue to look for clues as to whether inflation is easing.

However, a peak in inflation may not be as clear-cut as many are hoping for. While certain inflationary inputs have been pointing lower over the last month, prices for commodities and input materials remain elevated.

Check out this article for a deeper insight into the current situation, as well as how Friday’s print may impact financial markets:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we hit 12% thanks to the scumbag RepubliQans and FED printing all the money during the pandemic.

Inflation cannot start to peak until oil has already peaked.

I guess those asking this question have never actually lived through inflation !

It doesn’t just Stop becauuse oil stops rising ! Now the workers demsnd more wages because they have less money in treal terms - which pushes prices up, then there is more money chasing a fixed Quantity of goods again - so prices go up ! - etc etc etc !

Eventually it gets out of hand and destroys confidence in teh monetary system - OR Wages are capped so people are poorer - which creates riots and strikes - or Interest rates go up for teh same reason - which means Govts can no longer pay the interest on their debts and have to raise taxes :rofl:

Ever since teh "Quantitive easing " (printing money) - it has been inevitable that inflation would follow. Irrespective of what teh “Economists” might say . SO now I say - Let it Rip ! until it cancels out debts - both Private and Public - Then Stoip it and let the whole debacle of “pretend money” repeat over again.

There is no way any economy can ever be “Stable” when there are more useless pen-pushers doing Pretend jobs than there are real workers trying to pay taxes to cob=ver their costs ! :slightly_smiling_face:

Degree in “Lesbian Dance Theory” - Anyone ?