Have you guys watched HBO's Chernobyl? :)

Hi guuuuys! :smiley:

I just finished watching HBO’s mini-series “Chernobyl.” :open_mouth: I would really like to know what you guys think about it since it’s rated as the “Best TV Show” for IMBD. :open_mouth: I mean, better than Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, etc.

As for me, I think it was pretty good. :slight_smile: I cried a lot, as expected. And the script writing and cinematography were just beautiful. :slight_smile: Not sure about it being the best among the best though. :thinking:

Planning to watch it this weekend. I’m excited to watch it after all the good reviews I’ve read about it.

Have you watched it @baemax023? :smiley: Haha. :smiley: Sorry for bothering you! Just wanna know what you think. :thinking:

I initially thought that the strength of the series was how accurate they portrayed the events that led to the disaster. :thinking: But I’ve been coming across more and more articles that challenge this. :thinking:

Not yet, Ria :pensive:

Oooooh. :open_mouth: Why not? :open_mouth: Huhu. I mean, no rush! :slight_smile: Hahaha. :slight_smile: I hope you get to watch it soon. :blush:

Done watching this, Ria. They did a good job portraying the terrifying and heartbreaking events that happened. :broken_heart: :cry:

Even hearthbreaking when I read this:

This poor man and his poor family. They deserved better.

Oh my gosh. :frowning: That was really heartbreaking. :cry: I cried a lot while watching the series, mostly because it broke my heart that some people had to sacrifice their lives. :frowning: And seeing this really upsets me. :frowning: He deserved better. :confounded:

I’m not sure if I’ll watch it. Feels a little too bleak to me.

1 Like

Oh yeaaah. :open_mouth: I would say it’s not really for everyone. :confused: I remember having a nightmare after binge watching this series. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Binge watching always makes me sleep uneasy for a couple of nights, never knew why

Probably all that stress from the crazy things we’ve been watching? :sweat_smile: Hahaha. :slight_smile:

Makes sense. Anyways, I’ve decided to start the thing. Wish me luck!

1 Like

Hahaha! :slight_smile: Good luck @Greenish_Eric! :slight_smile: I hope you enjoy it. :smiley: Let me know what you think! :blush:

I agree with @Greenish_Eric sounds too dark and bleak now… Will probably skip. Thanks for the heads up! :sweat_smile: Although I realize he ended up watching it lmfao. Let me know what you think @Greenish_Eric!

Oof…
Its really good but is really, really bleak.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll pass on that. Did you finish it? :open_mouth:

Apparently Russia didn’t feel the same as the IMDB voters.

The horrible bit from the article

The United Nations determined in 2018 that nearly 20,000 cases of thyroid cancer among individuals under the age of 18 at the time of the accident could be traced to the contamination.

Great series about a horrible world event.

Ooooh. :open_mouth: That’s interesting. :open_mouth: I mean, I’m all for watching all sides of the story. :thinking: I just hope I could stomach whatever they’d produce. :sweat: