Have you tried investing in crypto projects?

I am ever invest on BTC, for years ago, first look very promising when BTC value was arise up, but when occur fall value, I am too late to sell BTC when on high price then become low price again, BTC and another crypto currency fall because some country restricted to using bitcoin as currency, due supposed for ilegal activity like as terorism

Not for me, but if it interests you and you research what is launching no different to ipo in stocks really ?

Great and meaningful comment, thanks for sharing with us.
Actually I’m kinda surprised to hear about Russia as the forerunners of ICO staff.
I thought that it’s mostly Asian innovation, so to say.

Yes, surely. The market is extremely volatile - probably in some years it becomes more stable, who knows.
Still for those seeking for speculative profit - quite fast - crypto may be a way out. ( but not now:)

What you’ve said totally makes sense regarding all those hundreds projects that collect money and run away:)
Also I feel the same - blockchain & crypto got confused with each other. I mean blockchain technology is no doubt great and promising, especially in security, financing, data storage.

Well, yes - the issues of regulation haven’t been settles yet - and that’s why different problems appear.
I think that when the countries agree on the status of crypto and introduce according laws the market will become more stable

I am also ever hear rumor like as china will possible to created own crypto although apparently they restricted usage bitcoin, because blockchain tehnology still promising for future digital currency, now if we look on coinmarketcap, there re thousand altcoin was created

1 Like

Like Venezuela created one “el Petro”.
Who knows, maybe China will do that as well, though now they are very tough about crypto and tokensales things.
Yes now on the market there are hundreds of coins and tokens, which obviously says that this mechanism of crowdfunding is in demand

ICOs are comparable in certain respects to IPOs (initial public offerings) in that they are used a way to raise capital for a business.

A huge distinction though is that in an IPO, an investor, you receive shares in the company, actual equity.

In an ICO, you receive NO equity at all. Zip. Nada. No ending up like Bezos or Zuck for you.

All you get is the cryptocurrency (or digital token) that the company is issuing in the ICO.

If you buy ICO tokens, you are not an investor. You are basically a future customer for a software product/service that does not (in most cases) even exist yet.

It’s like an arcade shop owner asking you to buy tokens to use at his arcade that hasn’t been built yet or is still under construction.

You end up spending money now and holding onto tokens that can only be used at this specific arcade that hasn’t even opened yet with absolutely no assurance that you’ll even like the games they will offer!

It’s the same thing with an ICO. You spend money now on a product/service that may be provided later with absolutely no assurance about the quality of the product/service.

And to top it all off, the company who is doing the ICO gets to keep all the equity and (potential) profits once they’re up and running…if they get up and running.

Lastly, according to a survey from Bitcoin.com, 46% of all ICOs in 2017 either flopped at the funding stage or have gone out of business since launch. The survey went on to say that a further 13% are currently labeled as “semi-failed.”

1 Like

Well, agree. That’s different from IPO - more like crowdfunding - so the project gets actual money (no matter If it’s $ or bitcoins) and promise you a service/product in the future.
Though some ICOs have a kind of MVP to show, which is potentially better that nothing.
I got your point, thank you a lot!

No, but I have tried mining. But can I be briefed on the process of how to get involved in the projects?

I want to try investing in ICOs but I feel that choosing one that will be successful or at least really push through with their project is like looking for a needle in a haystack. If I ever decide to invest in one, maybe I would choose one that is backed by a company with history that I can look into vs a really new company that was created for the sole purpose of the current project.

Well, it’s just like buying the project’s coins/tokens that you’ll then use on their platform/ service. ICO mechanism

I completely agree that it’s difficult to make the right choice and join a worthy project. I think it’s necessary to conduct your own research or at least pay attention to ratings on special websites

Yeah. But to contradict myself about the importance of having previous company history, there’s Ethereum.

I completely agree. There are lots of scam startup projects everywhere. I have tried investing in other alt coins but I always end up going back to Bitcoin. Will there be really a next “big thing”?

I wish someone posts a really good project here then we’d all jump in. :slight_smile: Or maybe babypips can create their own coin! @Pipstradamus :blush:

NO! I didn’t try investments in crypto projects. But I am just curious to know the latest updates and news about cryptocurrencies. And I found a site that is really good which is Crypto News Trends.:blush:

No, but i buy many dog coins
then sold …:sunglasses:

I have problems with dog coins

I have invested in loads over the years. From eastablished ones like to to lots of ICO’s.

1 Like