Have you tried using multiple strategies at a time?

Since it’s a new year, I was feeling a little more adventurous. (Not sure if that’s a good thing though!) :sweat_smile: I was thinking of using another strategy along with the one I’m currently using. But this would of course be for separate trades. :thinking: What do you guys think? :open_mouth: Or is it a waste of time? Thank youuu!

Ooh what kind of strategy are you wanting to try? Like with a longer-term or shorter-term time frame?

1 Like

It just never works for me. I am still trying.

1 Like

Trading multiple strategies ( or portfolio ) should decrease your risk, of course, it depends on how you create these strategies. Not every combination or random choose will help you achieve this goal.

1 Like

I say go for it.I’ve found over the past year or two how consistent the market is when it comes to it changing.To counter the evolution I then developed 3 Strategies which I’m
currently using.Three different pairs on three different Timeframes with 3 different
strategies.Was no easy task but it’s kept me in the black thus far.You’ll never know if it was a waste unless you try!

2 Likes

Using multiple strategies is always appreciable because a trader can nearly perfectly forecast the market using multiple strategies.

2 Likes

I think it’s the opposite. More strategies leads to more confusion. The more strategies you use, the more mechanical you must become in order to keep them separated.

3 Likes

all you need is good tools and work organization. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If both strategies are profitable on the long term… Why not?

1 Like

Recently I learned the hard way that it is always good to upgrade your strategy or gather more knowledge about it. I was doing just night trading on reverse depending on the position of market just before it closes, but the pattern changed recently and I lost some money.

1 Like

Hmmm. :thinking: Good question! :sweat_smile: Tbh, I’m still in the middle of picking which other strategy I’d use, but I’m leaning towards using a shorter-term time frame to maybe bag pips quicker? :thinking:

That’s interesting! :open_mouth: Do you think it’s a matter of finding the two strategies that complement each other? Or something completely different? :open_mouth:

Thanks for the reminder Prof! :open_mouth: Have you personally tried using multiple strategies at the same time? If ever, how did it work out for you? :open_mouth:

OMG that sounds amazing!! :open_mouth: And you’re able to manage different trades using these 3 strategies? :open_mouth: Do you ever find yourself confused and overwhelmed? :thinking:

I imagine it takes a top-tier trader to be able to do this. :open_mouth: I’m afraid I’m not there yet. :confused:

Working on it! :sweat_smile:

Have you also tried using multiple strategies? :blush:

Hmmm. Interesting way of putting it. :thinking: So in a sense, using a new strategy along with your current one can be considered as “upgrading” your strategy. :thinking:

1 Like

Not at all.My success is found in its simplicity.

1 Like

I trade only via multiple strategies. Currently, for forex only one strategy left, because this year, I focus on futures trading.

2 Likes