Hello all, its good to be here!

Hi all, my name is Rachel, based in Oxfordshire, England.

I have been trading for around 16 months. Learning Forex has been one of the best decisions i made and loved the journey so far. I am keen to keep developing my knowledge and build on what I learnt so far…

In every day to day life there is no one with an interest trading, so being apart of BabyPips will enable me to chat, discuss and share ideas with other like minded people.

It is good to be here, and cant wait to get stuck in!

5 Likes

welcome
and do not invest more than …
you know the rest

3 Likes

Golden advice, that must always be remembered!

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Rachel,

Charli Here from the land of Oz. I share your enthusiasm. I think its difficult to learn trading in such volatile times. I have been learning for about twelve months. Im hoping that when the global markets eventually settle down I will have learnt enough in a bad environment to make a killing!!! Best of luck to you! I would love to hear from other woman traders.

Charlotte.

Hi Charlotte

Your not wrong about the challenging markets, but great way to look at things.

I balance trading around work and my little 3 year old. As a martial artist as well, the saying goes you train hard and fight easy , so hopefully all the hard work now will pay off :slightly_smiling_face:

Realey, what are your risk management rules to date?

Hi midwest

I never risk more than 2% of account.

And only take trades where there is a R:R of 1:2

2 Likes

Das is good!

Hello Rachel, nice to meet you.

2 Likes

I have similar thoughts.

1 Like

Similar thoughts around Risk Management?

1 Like

Hello, I’m David… this is 8 moths now and counting since i have been on Forex. I haven’t put in real cash though, I’m still trying to develop/find my edge in the markets…

I have learnt a lot over the months and credits to Baby pips for most.

What trading style have you found suits you?

1 Like

OK, Swing trading better suits my life style, so I trade four hour chats I don’t have the patience for daily charts and I prefer to analyze strength of bulls and bears.

So, what about you?

Very similar, I use daily /4hr, and as low as 1hr for entry.

Life is busy with a toddler so do not have time to sit and watch the charts all day.

I have tried scalping but it was not suitable for me nor did it suit me personally.

I like to have time to analyses the chart and have confidence in my trades. Still learning and practicing of course, but patience has been key, and knowing there is always another trade!

8 moths…get Rentokil in?

1 Like

I like the same time frames though also look on daily/weekly

2 Likes

Welcome to BP, Rachel. So happy to see another female joining in. :blush: Hope to hear more about your trading journey. :slight_smile:

Hello :slight_smile:Thank you for the welcome, its nice to be here, have you been trading long?

1 Like

Yeah, Patience and Discipline very key ingredients… nice to meet you.

1 Like