Hello Everyone - Introducing Myself and Something Useful

Hi Everyone,

Trader for past 5 years on Forex EURUSD primarily… Doing relatively good at it, but usually have hurdles to overcome, as with most I suppose. I hope I can learn something useful being here from all of you… Thanks for welcoming me!

Also, on a related note, I created a list of known economic calendars online below that might be useful for you all (hope it helps)…

1. EconoDay - Free but not very thorough and hard to navigate
  2. Trading Economics - Generally good but not as thorough as others
  3. EconoCal - Paid (no ads) with community engagement features that aggregates other economic calendars
  4. ForexFactory - Very well known and popular, easy to navigate and reliable
  5. FX Street - Lots of ads and alerts, can be complicated to navigate (not user friendly)
  6. TradingView - Excellent layout and navigation, one of the best out there
  7. Baha - Very simple interface but the site can be a bit much on the eyes
  8. DukasCopy - Decent and easy to navigate
  9. Investing - Somewhat popular but a bit to small to navigate
  10. BabyPips - Another popular one, very nice navigation and easy on the eyes
  11. MyFXBook - A good one with easy navigation and good data

Thanks and look forward to having great discussions here!

Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing that list of economic calendars. I personally use the Babypips calendar.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Welcome. Could you tell me what are the hurdles that you have to overcome? And were you able to achieve the goal at some points?

Hi Andrew_100,

Biggest hurdles were:

1. Finding a reliable economic calendar to use because I trade fundamentals mainly; it came down to TradingView and EconoCal in the end
  2. Money management; using too much of my money with high lot counts to trade; now I am more cautious and trade smaller lots with a longer term plan on my earnings
  3. Finding technicals to be useful in the end to plan my trades alongside my fundamental analysis

I managed to achieve all three in the end, yet still have a few hurdles. Keeping a trading log/diary is very helpful and avoiding major economic announcements like interest rate decisions helped a lot.

That was really insightful for me, thank you for taking time to write this! I am planning to start logging my entries in the diary.