Hello everyone--Newbee captgrumpy here

Greetings from Nova Scotia,Canada’s Ocean Playground! I am retired from the Cdn. Armed Forces
after 26 years service. I don’t have any financial background but I did dabble in stocks for a while
and a bit in commodities, not successful at either .About 5 years ago “discouvered” Forex Trading
and became fascinated with it. Signed up with a broker, got a practice account, studied lots of
material on Fx trading. Before I was ready, started doing some practice trading and promptly
lost a good portion of my practice account. I found a lot of the information available to be more
complicated than I was happy with–and I couldn’t find anyone willing to give me a good trading
strategy to get started with ,so figured I would have to try to come up with one of my own. One that
was simple and easy to use. By accident I came across babypips and couldn’t believe how many
of you traders were willing to share YOUR trading ideas.I have been watching with interest at all the
different methods there are. Finally, it looks like I will get multi ideas and help as I continue to
devlope a workable plan of my own. With what I have learned I prefer longer trading practice and
the longer period charts like 8 hr-12 hr and 1 day. This way I don’t have to sit in front of the
computer most of the time. Keep up the good works folks --I’ll be watching!!!

1 Like

Hi captgrumpy! babypips.com is really good site specially helping newbies. I’d have shared solid trading strategies (80-100%) return per month but all those are sort of scalping strategies. I am sharing one very very simple strategy (may be you know already) :slight_smile: :---- MA 9 and MA18 4h chart best for GBP/JPY pair. Good luck.

Thanks for sharing your story, captgrumpy. Glad to hear the folks here have helped you in some way. What strategies/indicators are you favoring based on what you’ve seen? Might help for other newbies out there.

Thanks!

thanks tom magar–tried it out and it seems to work ok=will give it a longer run!!

Hello Huck–from knowledge I have gained over the past 5 years and what I’ve seen here I like the 1 day
chart the best -not as much action but not sitting at the computer all day With the plan I am working 0n I
use three WMA (5-7-14)along with hiekin-ashi. which ties in with my plan better than candlesticks.As these
lines move and cross each other I see a number of spots to enter and close trades I call these points PTP’s
(Potential Trade Points).When a PTP is spotted I have some further checks and if they are ok the trade is
made .Chart checked daily just before chart change time (0100).If chart goes in my favor I follow it to the
next PTP and possibly close the open trade if all conditions are met. Should the chart go the wrong way the
trade is closed with the smallest loss possible==if closed this way I wait for the next PTP to open a new trade Still in the testing stage but so far it looks like it should work out ok.

Thank you for sharing your story. Everyone here started somewhere

Hello, welcome to the forum! Thank you for sharing your story!