Hello everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I’ve been a trader for 23 years. I started trading forex in 1999 back when the minimum lot size was 100k and I sure blew up a few accounts during my 20s as I was learning the craft. I like to say that I suffered from shiny object syndrome for a long time, chasing the ultimate technical indicators and building trading systems, back-testing, failing and starting over again. I eventually stopped trading to read hundreds of books on trading and psychology and treat this as a business.

Fast-forward a few years and I eventually became head trader in a HFT prop trading firm in equities back in 2008-09. After a while I went off on my own and never looked back.

I would consider myself a position trader that uses intraday to pyramid into positions, but now most of my time is spent doing portfolio construction. I’ll never forget my first love however, which has always been trading, but after a few decades it feels more like a job to me so I trade a lot less than I used to. I guess with age time becomes more important than money.

Nowadays I spend a bit of time teaching some of the things that were helpful to me through youtube, but babypips was a big help for me along with forextsd back in the day. For this reason, I decided to drop by, look around some posts and give my 2 cents and perhaps help an aspiring trader or two along the way if I can.

1 Like

Hi and welcome in BP community :slight_smile: Regards Greg

Welcome to the community! We’ll be looking forward to your contributions! See you around!