Hello fellow retailers :)

My name is Emanuel, I’m 32 years old, I’m portuguese and I have been in the world of trading for a year approximately now.

It has been a rollercoaster of emotions, lots of learning, but I’m more stubborn than the market! hehe
This is just the beginning, I will be here a long time and I’m very eager to learn.

I know it is a long and slow process, but I know myself and when I want something I achieve it, it doesn’t matter how long it takes.

I’m hoping to learn a lot here with anyone, I have already started the course a long time ago but I want to finish it this year.

I’m open to any contacts and tradings together.

I trade mostly XAUUSD, EURUSD and CADJPY.

Good luck and control your emotions (I also need to work a lot on that haha) :v:

And that applies to the majority of traders, me included. A ZEN solution would be to learn how to detach your mindset from what’s happening to your trades. In other words, accept monetary emotional challenges as being the norm.

As my emotions are risk adverse, I place a trade, set a P/L and T/P and turn off my desktop, letting it run overnight. There are other ways.

Do not let any losing trade last longer than a winning one in the hope it will revert back in your favour. Close it down, there are always new trades awaiting. Never, ever, add to losing positions.

With winning trades, aim to scalp off 30-50% of profit, bring up your S/L to breakeven and use a trailing stop for letting the balance run.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Yeah man thanks for the tips, but I trade during the day and I work remotely. It’s really hard not to monitor the trades all day! Haha

My main weaknesses are not taking profits in time or setting the TP too high. Also not closing positions that are not working out. I need to learn a lot in this process. Overtrading also sometimes, because of my impulsive personality.

I’m going to find a solution for this and recreate myself.