Hello Forex World

Hi all,

I’m not new to this world of FX. But I am newish to BabyPips.

A bit about me:

I use sentiment as the core indicator in my trading, looking at the shift in sentiment to identify which pairs I should look at, then pivots and then some technical analysis on top of this (learning which one suits me best) to judge if I should invest my hard earned cash to trade this pair.

I’m based in the UK, a Civil Engineering professional. I’ve been a passive trade for years. Now I want Fx to help me reach my goal of retirement from the corporate world over the next decade. I want to spend more time with my daughter who’s almost one the biggest driver for me!

I use Forex. com as my broker, I like their interface and reliability of their system. I’ve been journal all my trades and try to write a journal of my progress as described by Dr B Steenbarger in his traderfeed blog.

I haven’t been consistently profitable but I’m working (hope) to be - I know what I do badly and the merits of my process. Finally, spent almost £10k in education and signals which I feel was not value for money (I didn’t research these gurus enough).

So hello, and any thoughts/advice (from me and to me) or questions let me know.

4 Likes

Nice to see a new UK member :+1:

Good to see you’re journaling, what other sort of investments have you been involved in?

It is nice to see UK peeps on here. We’re all trading at the same time!

I’ve invested in Stocks, Crypto, ETFs and when I have enough money real estate eventually.

Been successful in all (thankfully) of them but I trade very infrequently in them - <5 trades a year.
I wanted to swing trade - hence Forex is perfect. Going forward if I am profitable I’d diversify into the above mentioned investments.

Glad to have you part of this community! Enjoy your stay here and see you around!

Welcome to bp @DeeDont! Good luck on your trading journey. :blush: