Hello! I am new to the world of forex trading

My name is Muhammad Ahsan and I am from Pakistan. I am a software Engineer by profession.
I have been a silent member on baby pips from a year but did not post anything. I have some experience with
stock market and now I have stopped trading there as I now prefer to get dividends as compare to active trading due to busy schedule due to job and other matters.
Forex trading is my choice for trading as market is open 24Hours a day.
So stock market for long term investments and forex for trading :wink:

3 Likes

Hey cool, welcome! I think you engineering brain will help you with your trading. Good luck!

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the community! Are you doing demo or trading live already? I hope you’re enjoying your stay here and good luck!

1 Like

Well, currently i am doing demo trading. i need to practice much in forex as it is every different as compared to stock market.

Hello dear traders! :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m back on BabyPips after taking a break for a few months. I missed the community and the learning. Excited to catch up, reconnect with old pals, and make new friends. Let’s get back to talking about Forex trading and sharing our experiences!

1 Like

Hey, Muhammad. I’m Paul. I live in California. I was a silent member for the first few months I was here. I’m still going through the School of Pipsology. I’m also learning to code. I’m learning Python right now.

How do you like being a software engineer? I’ve heard some software engineers say that it was a job they didn’t really enjoy, but they only stayed for the money while planning to get out of it as soon as they saved and invested enough to retire.

1 Like

Interesting take my friend!

I enjoy the idea of long term investing while day trading, brings more diversity!

1 Like

I have chosen the profession of software engineering because i liked to program computers. I really enjoy it. but this is a fast paced job but still i keep it at my own pace.

Hello Ahsan! Great to see you breaking the silence and joining the discussions. See you around and good luck!

1 Like

Welcome back, BobWeb! Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences!

Trading require time and experience, you need to know when to buy and when to sell. If you’re pretty busy with your job then perhaps, you’ll need a reputable broker to help manage your portfolio.