Hello i'm a day trader

Hello traders, i have been trading for 3 years now . but luckily i didn’t strategy hop and sticked to my strategy. i have lost 3 years in a row until Jan of 2019. Only last few months i’m seeing some consistency which is making me really happy.

I only trade the NY session overlap with London.
thanks

1 Like

sounds good that you are getting profit after passing a long time , try to keep consistent and focus the trend which make you profitable already.

1 Like

can you please tell what trading strategy right now you are using that making you profitable from last couple of month ?

1 Like

thanks for your reply. i’m trading 15mins chart price action . no indicator . i haven’t changed my strategy in last 3 years as i had trust on my system. i have lost continuously for almost 24 months in a row but finally i’ve become BE trader. journaling really helped me to figure out what was wrong with me. made some tweaks , fixed my mindset and trading really small position really helped me.
thanks

Welcome to the forums @myforexdairy. Good to know that you’re now becoming profitable with your strategy. Keep it up and hope to see more of you here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to bp @myforexdairy. Hope you could share with us the things you are doing that has improved things for you.

1 Like

@CoinLady @Hadden @NeilKruger @baemax023 @kiguru.idah

Thanks for the replies guys. Here are some info’s i would like to share.

very quickly i realized it is not the strategy that is important, it is the mindset and risk management the key to success in this incredibly difficult business.

i have held on to my strategy for 24 months in a row because i knew i have an edge but i was losing because of ME, my mistakes.

It is crucial that you have a coach/mentor to teach you proven strategy that works for you. Otherwise you will have to spend many months to build one and the process of becoming profitable trader will take years. You may not have the patience to wait that long. Depending on your time and psychology , you would have to choose what best fits you. You could be day trader, swing trader , EA trader, indicator based trader etc.
For me, i like day-trading as i like to seat down and work specific time-frame to make money. i cannot sleep if i have open trade running : now thats how i’m. Very important to know urself first.

What really worked for me is the community. My coach has a community where we trade exactly the same strategy at the same time. So if i lose and other traders have won, then i know strategy works, just that i’m making mistakes. What are those mistakes ? i journal’ed each day so that i could find the problems. so months after months i had the psychology to fix my problems only because i knew it was not my strategy problem.

so in order to success , get a coach according to your time/mindset , a proven strategy from your coach and make sure they have a robust community who trades exactly the same strategy.
also i write blog where i share my experience. you guys can google by my username.

hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your tips @myforexdairy. Good luck on your trading journey. :blush:

Thanks for sharing this. Do you have any plans of creating your own trading journal here?