***Hello! My name is Evan and I am an aspiring trader from Philadelphia, USA***

Hello Baby Pips Community,

My name is Evan, and I am new to the trading community. I want to learn how to trade so that I can have control over my future financially. I have worked many jobs for other people that I hated to earn less than what I know I am worth. And quite frankly, I am tired of it. I am 23, and my dreams are to be in the UFC, make music, and travel. But in working for other people, I won’t have the time to pursue those dreams. It seems to me that most people work to retire, but I want to take a different approach. I chose trading because I like numbers, and I find comfort in the idea that I can make my money work for me successfully by following steps, acquiring knowledge, and asking questions from people who know more than I do. I have never traded before besides Robinhood, but I would love the opportunity to learn how to trade, and open up my time to do other things on my own schedule. Obviously I understand that there is a window of time certain days of the week from which to trade FX, but this seems to be the only career path that will afford me the luxury of being my own boss, and making mistakes from which I will only have to answer to myself. I hope to make many friends and connections through this journey, and when I learn more, I hope to help as many people as possible obtain financial freedom and control over their financial future. I used to be homeless, living paycheck to paycheck, and had no real clear direction over my life. I really reached a point where I decided that I am sick of that, and I now want to take a more active role in my future and direction in life. I am really grateful for having come across this website, even though I understand that I am not the most knowledgable yet, by being patient and humble, I know that I will eventually be among the best of the best. Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction, and please do not hesitate to connect with me. I love meeting new people, learning about different cultures and viewpoints, and developing myself as a worldly, all around human being. Take care everyone, and I hope you all find the answers and life you are searching for. PEACE OUT!!!

2 Likes

Hi and welcome on BP :slight_smile: start from the education section and good luck :slight_smile: Regards Greg

1 Like

I’m a new FX trader too…you’ve got the “pain” to motivate you and keep yourself going. I’m from the UK -I’m doing FX for the same reasons…good to meet you

Welcome Evan!

Open a demo account (I suggest Oanda) as you go through the BabyPips school and take some trades. Ask any questions you have in the forums.

Hope you become super successful as a forex trader!

1 Like

Welcome. Since you work, probably day shift, you will be trading Asia when you get home–don’t let anyone tell you to avoid it if that’s all you can trade.

I use to complain to my wife that I miss being in a time zone where I can trade stocks and that I am stuck with the crappy Asian session and forced to trade FX–well, it’s not so crappy to me anymore. I love it, actually.

Hope to see you in the UFC–maybe you can retire Adesanya hahah. Sorry Kiwis. Sorry Nigerians. UFC249, let’s go!

2 Likes

@106andevan

Welcome to the BabyPips Forum! What you had to say was well spoken! I am your neighbor in New Jersey so if you want to communicate with me feel free to do so. I just want to mention (since I have been your age many years ago), trading is not easy. Even though you are your own boss, you need to be patient. Nothing happens overnight. You are competing with sophisticated professionals who can wipe you out in no time. Go through the Educational Program here and learn as much as you can from the other members here as well as outside sources (books, videos, etc.). If you get free information from marketing sources just be aware that they are giving you nothing for nothing. You can accept the free Ebooks, pdfs, etc. Just realize that if the information that they are promoting is so great why are they sharing it with everyone else. We all wish you the best in your endeavor to be a successful trader. Good luck! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome to Babypips and thanks for sharing something about yourself! Keep learning and I wish you’ll achieve all your goals in life. Good luck and see you around!

Welcome to the community @106andevan! We’re glad to have you here. Good luck on your trading journey.