Hello my name is Michelle, I'm new in Babypips

Hi everyone…
I joined Babypips weeks ago. I’ve been trading for around 3 years.
My purposes to join Babypips are getting new inspirations, new systems of trading and active in forum.
I used many standards indicators, combined them and back-tested with EA. I created those EA and customized indicators. They gave good news n profit only around months. I backtested them for 5 years and the accuration was only around 50%
I also tried other customized indicators, the result was still around 50%

I found that forex trading with indicators reached accuration level around 50%
What should I learn n know more to succeed in trading?
I’m very interested in forex trading. I want to learn more from seniors here😊

Cheers

Hi there, it sounds to me like your on your way. Your journey has all ready gone far and beyond many traders with more then double your experience. I don’t know how to create EA’s or custom indicators. I have never gone down that path. 50% accurate is good, apply money management and if you can win $2.50 to $3 for every $1 you risk, in other words look for trades paying 2.5-3:1 ROI and your there.
No secrets to the holy grail just good money management applied to your system will get you where you want to be providing your psych is sound and you have good routine for your trading. That is a beast of another kind.

1 Like

Hi @OutofWork66. Thanks for your comment and advice :blush:
I have tried to use reward risk ratio 1:1, 3:1, 5:1 and have backtested for 5 years. The final result is the same. The accuration is arround 50%-55%. Total Profit and total lost is almost equal. I think technical analysis with 70% accuration is only a myth. Is that true?

Do you combine your trading with fundamental analysis?

How are you back testing ? Are you using MT4 strategy tester and running the EA’s to show the results ?
I believe 60% at 1:1 or slightly better is very doable, you hear the stories and see the stats on myFXbook and Forex Factory’s trade explorers, Zulu trade and so on but how sustainable it is I have no idea.

You can look up LR THOMAS she has a 10:1 ROI system that I have tinkered with.

Personally I trade discretionary style, short term, and I’m always aware of forth coming news releases. I trade Asia session exclusively which is slow and steady usually and only pay attention to news delivered during my trading session only.

Like everyone else I’m always working on myself, my method, experimenting, trading is not a set and forget job unfortunately…

2 Likes

Hi @Michelle9! :smiley: :blush: I’m not a senior trader (Huhu :frowning: ) I just try to learn from them too, but I look forward to interacting more with fellow learners! :nerd: Welcome to Babypips!! :smile:

1 Like

@OutofWork66 EA is expert advisor. It’s a program that capable to perform by following any instruction of a trader. I combined some technicals and indicators to open position, take profits and cut lost in certain positions and time.
Yes, I’m using MT4 for backtesting.

Thanks for the info of LR Thomas. I’ll check it :blush:

Hi @ria_rose Thank you for greeting :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @Michelle9!

Welcome to the forums! The senior members here are awesome! I’m pretty sure they will help you with your trading questions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @baemax023 Thank you for greeting :blush: I want to learn from you too

1 Like

Hello Michelle, welcome to the Babypips forum!

1 Like

Hello @dianajs Thank you for greeting :blush:

Yaaay! You’re way ahead of me! I’m still a newbie and just starting to trade in demo account. Sooooo, I’m looking forward to learn from you! :blush:

1 Like

The learning process continues as long as one trades, be patient, trade and you’ll see yourself improve.

1 Like

@baemax023 Ok, we learn together

Welcome to the babypips community forum. I am sure you will make good interactions with other members in the upcoming times. I hope for the best future of yourself. You are advised to follow the forum’s rules and regulations. Thank you so much!