Hello World! Time to get wealthier! šŸ¤‘

Hi,

Iā€™m a:

• SW architect with 20+ years of experience
  • old FX trader
  • proprietary investor
  • new to algo trading (using CFDs at the moment)
  • using JForex API @ Dukascopy
  • from Sweden :sweden:

Nice to meet you all!

1 Like

Hi, welcome and nice to meet you too!

1 Like

Hello and welcome! With all your experience, youā€™ve really had an interesting journey in trading and investing. What exactly is an SW architect? And how are you finding the transition into algo trading so far?

1 Like

@chimmyfx

What exactly is an SW architect?

Similar to a software engineer, but with a high level view of the ā€œsolutionā€.

And how are you finding the transition into algo trading so far?

No issues so far. Iā€™ve actually been using algos for some time. Recently with QuantConnect.

Hereā€™s a backtest trading SPY and Gold:

But I want to take a more aggressive approach nowā€¦ :moneybag:

1 Like

Whatā€™s the API used for? Like running EAs?

@Thebeezneez

Whatā€™s the API used for? Like running EAs?

Yes, correct. I can code my own trading bots (in Java) using the API.

Welcome to the community! Enjoy your stay and see you around!

1 Like

So whatā€™s the biggest advantage of coding EAs? Is it like being able to have it running 24/7 if you want? Different order execution types?

So whatā€™s the biggest advantage of coding EAs? Is it like being able to have it running 24/7 if you want? Different order execution types?

It fits my personality. I canā€™t trade manually. And the EA does it for me. :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the clarification! Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences and how youā€™re applying your skills to trading.

Interesting. Not sure Iā€™ve ever heard anybody mention personality before. Is it because of the emotions of trading manually?

Yes.

I can define my own trading rules, but I always start to freestyle when trading manually. :sweat_smile: