Help finding a good broker that supports the meta trader 5 platform

I want to use the MT5 platform because I want to get started creating expert advisors using MQL5.

The broker that I used to use before FXCM only support MT4 and the other most popular broker OANDA is same.

I looked into two different brokers that support MT5 so far…
ActivTrades but they don’t use the new york close in their charts making them useless.
FXPro but I read this review about them:

Firstly I have not traded with FX Pro but was checking them out for a friend who I mentor and he was interested. He needed a small opening deposit <$1000 and the ability to scale out on trades as I have taught him. The reason for this review is primarily to make newbies/novices aware;

1. The website states they have an ECN and NDD.
  2. The warnings are for CFD’s

Basically the price quoted is from an ‘ECN’ so your execution is at the price quoted (possible slippage excepted) and then it becomes just another scam. You are not executing an NDD trade via an ECN but buying a CFD from FXPro. I challenged them via Live Chat (screenshots available) that if they issued a CFD and it was profitable at close then they lost. The response was that all client trades are hedged, so if we work on a reasonable assumption that most clients lose then they (FXPro) lose. I was told they make their money from spread and commission, the numbers on that concept just do not add up!
Apparently if you try to scale out of a trade you will open an opposite direction CFD and not reduce the original position. You can put the limit orders in etc and it will appear as a typical bracket order until it executes.
In my opinion this is at best misleading marketing, but probably just another scammer but with a big budget!

This was from Forex Peace Army and a FPA moderator also wrote in the reviews that FXPro employees are making a lot of reviews their that the moderators have to delete.

Basically, a lot of bad reviews about FXPro.

Seems very difficult to find a broker for MT5… would appreciate some help!

Hi Pipscompany,

Is there a particular reason you want to create expert advisors using MQL5?

Thanks,
Jason

When I began research on how to get started making expert advisors I found mql5.com http s://w ww.mql5. com/en/docs and from reading on that website I found out that mt5 is by far a better platform than mt4 and that mql5 is by far better than mql4 and their reference and tutorials are for mql5 not mql4 and mql4 EA’s can’t be used in MT5 and mql5 and mt5 is the future… sure there will still be support for mt4 for a while but sooner or later support will drop for mt4 and most new “stuff” created will be for mt5.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. At FXCM, we base our platform offerings on clients demand, and so far at least, there has not been much demand for MT5. It remains to be seen whether it will ever replace MT4 for most traders, but I’ve noted your interest and will let you know if we offer it in the future.