Help Me understand fundamental analysis

Here is what I understood so far:
fundamental analysis is the study of underlying economy (macroeconomics to be precise) of currency we are trading and using those economic data such as fiscal policy, monetary policy, interest rates as well as other stuff like a central bank decision (hawkish or dovish) and global position of ones economy to help aid trading. RIGHT?

It would be helpful if you can tell what you know about fundamental analysis and how you specifically use that data in trading in detail. THX IN ADVANCE.

1 Like

Well, you’ve answered your own question. Retail traders are in a position to avoid an economic move - which on the charts is usually represented by a large price movement spike.

Currently, the FX market is difficult to assess what will happen next, and it is advisable for day and swing traders to use the Daily charts for trading. Which, although not perfect, gives a higher probability of being on the right side of trade.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Fundamental analysis is a big area of analysis where you should consider global news, views and affairs to forecast the market movement.

1 Like

Fundamental analysis covers a long area to consider and it gets more priority than technical analysis. Consider global affairs as part of fundamental analysis.

1 Like

You mean you use fundamental analysis as to decide weather the market will make large price movement spike and trade accordingly?

Can you give me an example where you used FA to grab some pips in short term and long term and is FA really of any help to intraday traders?

There are FX apps which include calendar events, as does this site if you press the green button above. For me, it’s more of an avoidment not to enter a trade.

Fundamental analysis is a big area of analysis where world affairs are considered to make a cogent market forecast.