(HELP) What's a pip?

Last week I had no idea.

Hi everyone RagingSoyBoy here.

I just finished the school of pipsology. Kudos to who ever is responsible for putting that together I thoroughly enjoyed it. I’ve opened a demo account and managed to get myself $500 in the hole - mainly due to trying to figure out the platform, and partly because I couldn’t resist catching a falling knife when the the American CDI report came out today
Before the report came out I was actually going along quite nicely using technical analysis. Identifying support and resistance and using trend lines and candlestick patterns to determine my entry points. I even broke the old fibonacci retracement tool out once (mainly because it looked cool on the chart)
My short term goal is going to be getting my demo account back in the black whilst using proper risk management along with revisiting some of the lessons that didn’t quite sink in - anyway I suppose I best ask a question…

What's a pipette?

A pip is the 4th number in a currency pair. For example: EUR/USD is currently buying at 1.2438. The number “8” represents the pip in the ask price. A pipette is the 5th number in a currency price but the pip is usually the most recognized of the two in the forex trading industry.

anyway i suppose you best use the search bar…

you can use the babypips forum search bar or the google search bar.

1 Like

A couple of links that might help you out.

From our School of Pipsology: What is a Pip, which includes info on pipettes as well.

And using our Search bar, there are plenty of discussions in the Forums as well. Have a look!
https://forums.babypips.com/search?q=pipette

Enjoy!

hehehehehehehehehehehehe

classic