Help, why is my strategy not working

1. My intentions were not to ram anything down anyone’s throats.I’m here just trying to encourage new traders not to give up.

2. I’m not here to brag about what a great trader I am, nor am I here to sell my training, as I’m very selective on whom I decide to train. I neither advertise nor do I need to teach. I only take on 2-3 new traders a year, and I do it because I love Trading.

3. Wow, you want me to validate? Under normal circumstances I would not even entertain such a request. But since there are a lot of fakers out here, I’m going to place some of my random trades for you.

I’m even going to share my chart set-ups. If you’re smart enough you may be able to figure out my strategies?

I trade six (6) accounts at the same time see photo below. Each account has a different lot value. The above photos are from just 1 account.

I’m not here to teach anyone how to trade. I’m not here to give away my strategies.

The post related to whether or not people actually made money trading forex.

My contribution to the post was to answer that question of which I felt I did., it was not to give the keys or combination to vault away.

@TonoFX

Thanks for your contribution, it really encouraged me, though it’s really difficult for me to digest the fact that you don’t use stoploss.

1 Like

Look at my trades, you won’t see any SL. I was just like you, getting stopped out over and over.

Then I learned how Market Makers can see and push the market to Retail Traders"SL.

I shared a video somewhere on here about that, I’ll see if I can find it and re post.

I can tell you that you are on the right track with trading Strong/Weak, you’re just not trading it right.

1 Like

@TonoFX
Also, how can you have a risk to reward ratio when you don’t even use stoploss in the first place.

I use what I call a soft SL. It’s not placed on charts so only I can see.

I know how much I’m prepared to lose on a trade only after I do my analysis.

Once I enter a trade, If the trade goes against me, that means I was wrong in my analysis. I can do 1 of 2 things, a. get out or b. let my account strength run the trade back to TP. But I never cluster where inexperienced traders place their hard SL.

2 Likes

So it is safe to conclude that you use a mental SL.
I mean you stare at at your trades all the time right?

@TonoFX
I’m sure that trading strong and weak is the best way to go, it is sooo logical, it makes perfect sense to me. Like you said though, if it is done right.

It would appear that yeas he mentally puts in a stop - BUT either without regard to support resistance, or by simply adding some “wriggle room” to where everyone else puts their stops.

ergo - he is praying for a reversal after the stops have been hit. :grinning:

I guess you can call it a mental stop loss. No, I don’t watch my trades all the time.
I trade off the daily chart, so I have a pretty good idea of how many pips the market can provide based on S&R.

Therefore, once I place a trade even If I used a smaller time frame to pull the trigger, I have a pretty good idea based how long it will take before I’m in profit or near (haha) mental SL.

If you’re trading off of the smaller time frames, you’re really just trading the noise of the market and chasing smaller pips per trade.

By the way, my contribution to this post was flagged by several members as spam (trying to advertise my services). Not once did I try to sell anything to anyone on this post, nor did I ever imply that I would train anyone for a fee. I took the time to try encourage new traders and to show them that Forex really is an incredible outlet to become financially independent. I even shared my trade platform so that you can try to copy my charts.

Like the old saying “No good deed goes unpunished”.

I’ll be ending my comments here, I wish you all much success in your forex journey.

4 Likes

@TonoFX
Thanks a lot, I know you were just trying to help.
I really appreciate.

1 Like

I have been troubled by the same problem. I have now regrouped my thoughts after a comment from elsewhere got me thinking, ONE trade at a time that is in a confirmed trend, small trade first, modest take profit, this way so far it has started to work for me.
Baby Pips, where have I heard that before?
I have now started to make small profits, and I expect they will grow with time.
Maybe a little patience and a shot at the way I am doing it will help, never know 'till ya have a go.
Good luck my friend.

1 Like

Hi TonoFX - Its always nice to read a contrarian view of the “conventional wisdom” of trading.

Your comments on trading without a fixed SL are especially interesting. That said, I still think for most traders its just going to lead them into trouble.

Why not start your own thread to expand on this?

Hi Tommor,

You are 100% correct that most traders probably would get into trouble trading without SL.

The problem isn’t whether traders use SL, it’s really about their analysis.

If you’re 100% confident in your analysis, and your analysis have proven to be correct 95% of the time, there is no need for a SL.

Check out this post by rrram2 regarding trading without a SL.

“Who says trading without Stop Loss is Stupid”?

2 Likes

Yes, seen ram’s thread and its great food for thought. But maybe your approach is a little different?

Well, I’d certainly like to meet someone who can trade the daily charts with 95% accuracy - is this what you are saying Tono?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying.

Tono, we really need to know more…

Any thoughts on starting your own thread?

ok Tono… best of luck

1 Like

There are those of us here who try to help (and if need be to protect) newbie and up-and-comers from hucksters and unrealistic expectations.

Given your very fantastical claims, I would hope you could produce some sort of long term proof of your trading success. Anyone can achieve 95% win rates with small draw-downs over a small window of time. Many traders here, including myself, have done it numerous times. Those small windows are irrelevant though, since what matters is long term profitability and risk.

I am not asking for your personal bank statements, or for you to explain for trading methodology, but I would hope you can show us at least 2 years of this sort of successful trading history if you are going to make such claims.

Thank you in advance.

3 Likes