Help with MT4 lines on multiple charts

I’m tired of drawing one line on my 1 hour chart then I need to draw the same line on separate 15min chart then 5 min chart and then 1 min chart, takes a lot of time :frowning:

I want to know …

let’s say you have two GBPUSD charts different timeframes open in MT4, I want to know third party tool or if possible to program, if you draw one line (or whatever tool you put on) on one chart, then that line will show on the other chart at the same time.

Errrrrrr…

When you draw a line on any chart timeframe in MT4 the line is displayed accross all chart timeframes. You don’t need to draw lines on all timeframes. You may not see lines drawn on higher timeframes as you scale down into the lower timeframes as the prevously drawn line may fall outside the visible price action on the chart. you could change the scale in the right hand margin to expand or reduce the chart scale.

what are you thinking of doing? Auto trading off trendlines?

There’s me thinking this forum has died, very quiet here

Hi tarrentino, thanks for the response,

I’m talking about when I have multiple charts open ‘at’ the same time.

When you draw one line on one chart, say a 1 hour, that line can be seen across the other charts, say 4H, 5 min etc…

Ah, I see. Hmmmm - my initial thoughts are this is tricky/not worth the hassle. As far as I know it’s not possible to have an indicator or an EA control objects on another chart directly. You could use global variables which would be scanned by another EA on each related chart. You would have to pass a load of trendline data via the global variable table or a csv file which would need to be interepretted by each EA on the other charts.

The burning question is why not just use one chart and flick through the timeframes? The every change you make in terms of adding/removing objects/indicators etc would be consistent accross all the periods.

With my multi TF trading, I flip through the TF with one MT4 chart which is ok but I get the feeling I lose the bigger picture and lose out on many trades especially when looking at many pairs.

I’m no programmer but this sounds like a big project :frowning:

Thanks for the help tarrentino

This is probably a late entry, but what I do is set up 4 or 5 charts with different timeframes eg Daily, 4hr, 15min, 5min and then go to window and choose tile vertically. They all snap into line beautifully next to each other and then you can see multiple TF’s at the same time. Also you can have the bottom of each chart with different indicators eg. Renko, Heiken- ashi, CCI etc and drag them open and closed as you desire. This way you have quick and easy access to all the info you need all at once.
Pretty cool hey.

1 Like

I am also a bit late,but your answer helps nothing. Its standard behavior what you are explaining.
Try to draw a line in H1 chart and make the same line appear in H4 chart window!
You cant do it by default! You have to install third-party indicators.
Use other software and execute orders in MetaTrader, but for technical analysis MetaTrader is the worst!