Help with picking a broker

Hi to all and need your advise please. I am currently using FXCM and like the platform a lot but have 2 issues with them

1 cannot talk over the phone when you open a micro account

2 there spreads sometimes jump more often then my previous broker (cmsfx) and are little high

I am currently waiting for the trader expo in New York this February to check other brokers that have a great charting software like cmsfx, fxcm and that can contact customer service and have low spread. does anybody have any suggestions as far as a broker the fit the above issues

Thank you
David

Are you using metatrader 4 with fxcm?

I have opened a demo with forex.com and they are ok although a lot of reviews say they aren’t very good.

Oanda appear quite good from some people I have asked, so will try them.

I’m a newbie too, but the advise given to me is try as many on demo and once you are acquainted and comfortable with the platforms and broker, select two for a live account.

no don’t think mt4 is all that I use simple indicators and they work for me well

you can try this : No software download required, live training, competitive spreads, and it even has a software to show u how many people are currently trading, and in which direction!! how awesome is that. been using it since 1 year ago and enjoying it.
here is the link Trade Forex | CFDs | Options | Easy Forex | easyMarkets

fxopen perhaps?

thank you guys I am going to check them out

Any updates for this? Have you tried them yet? I’m a newbie too… I can relate how tricky it is to look for the broker best for you. Currently, I’ve been working with LucrorFx now for quite a while… Doing good so far. If you want, they also have a demo account, you can try.

You could try this broker,
4runnerforex

I am with them for about a few weeks and the execution and spreads are excellent.

fxcm is an excellent broker. If you want offshore, check out fxopen.

Hello forexsmarty, Is this a US based company?
You said you’ve been with them, How about there support team? any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

I have been using FXCM, tradersway and alpari for a while now and so far have had no issues with FXCM. Anyway you can check out the other brokers but as far as the micro account goes, well, I guess it all comes down to the broker. I would think that a broker would pay the same customer service for a micro account trader that they do for others. Anyway try contacting them reg the issue…

Now I want a broker that support a perfect payment method. I hate Paypal and Skrill too much, are they the best? HotForex is a good broker but Skrill is so greed…

Why? I think Paypal and Skrill more secure than pm. Skrill are regulated by the British Financial Services Administration FSA. That means that they have to comply with a whole set of some of the most stringent requirements concerning risk prevention and consumer protection.

I understand if you hate PP, frankly half the world hates PP…
But skrill is easier to use, and definitely the better option than some of the others on offer…

I do understand you for hating paypal, I had a bad experience with those guys, Yes there still other way of paying method but there’s no such thing a perfect.

Try to talk with you broker about ways in depositing/withdrawing method, They are the one that can figure this out.

hey guy, i’m new here… Anything about PP? mind sharing ? thank a lot :slight_smile:

Both are secure, the first I switched to Skrill because of its high exchange rate and fast withdrawal processed but then Skrill began to be longer in withdrawal and the rate also decreased a lot. So I hate both of them and want to find another option for payment.

Good luck in finding another payment platform… We cannot control up’s and down’s in exchange rate on international market.

I’m still using Skrill because seems Skrill is the best payment method that get supported from my broker HotForex. I think I have to forgot about the old Skrill, fast withdrawal in 24 hours and the exchange rate is so high.

Confusing that why you are giving boost on such old thread ?