Help!

I seem to be getting far to attached to my money when I trade I just don’t seem to have the psychology for trading does anyone think I should just trade MA crossovers and strictly trade this way I’ve been told that there generally right 60% of the time

First of all, if you don’t have a strategy tested, you need to do that first before ever trading real money. Get a good forex backtesting software program and actually test your MA crossover system over the longest period possible. Your results will give you a better idea of if a system is going to be profitable or not. From there, you can make adjustments. Do not take people’s word for the profitability of a system…test it yourself!

This might help with your psychology - NLP

But as far as MA crossovers are concerned, they are pretty much a waste of time unless you at least combine them with S/R and some PA, actually you’d be better off without them and just S/R and PA.

You might want to research MA in general, like SMA and EMA … not necessarily the crossovers but when price moves above or below and the angle of the MA line. Try different time frames and like purplepatch said, combine with S&R, PA and pivots. Good luck.

Hello,

I’ve been manually trading with MAs for years but am now trying to learn MQL4 to automate some strategies. Needless to say, the learning curve is a bit steep. :confused: Does anyone know of any “trusted” coders that could offer assistance?

I’m trying to generate a simple script for an EA where OCO trades (one cancels other) are entered when the PRICE (not the candle close, but the actual PRICE) crosses the WMA(14) on a 30 minute chart. The lot size would be consistent for each trade and a stop loss (say 100 pips) would be entered just as backup in case the EA was accidentally disabled.

I realize this is not a terribly profitable strategy (especially during consolidation), but I’m hoping to learn more from seeing how the script looks when laid out “correctly.” I’m extremely grateful for any insight!

Thanks for your time,
Mike

If you type in google build ea you will find websites that will build a specific ea that you specify for less that $60