Here's my Trading Algorithm

Wassup family, I decided to share my Algorithm today, please share your thoughts on it and advice if you have any.

Daily and 4hr Time Frame
10/5 EMA is for entry when they crossover
21 EMA to confirm my 10/5 EMA entry.
50/200 EMA to confirm the Trend, normally the validation of the trend happens when 50/200EMA cross each other.
Stochastic 14,3,3 I use it as an exit Signal supported by RSI.

Any thoughts on it or where to adjust?

Hi, did you make backtest? Reagrds Greg

1 Like

Yes I did back test it, I been using since August, it is profitable, Stochastic plays a huge role on eliminating losses… I just don’t participate that much on the forum to share my findings. Thanks you

ok, so how long will this strategy be profitable in your opinion?

1 Like

That’s not easy to say cause the market react differently to different conditions. For now it works for me since I’m a Trend trader, I don’t trade zones and reversals… every now and then I look for new ways to modify it and see what’s working and what’s not

Seems good, not my sort of strategy but anything can work if you back test and master it.

1 Like

Your settings are quite solid and I couldn’t fault them . Please keep us updated on your progress

1 Like

When you apply the knowledge that you learn at babypips.com you’ll always come up with something that suits your personality.

Thanks fam, I will.

How do you validate your trend validation because there could be false crossover

1 Like

The 10/5 EMA and 21 EMA are there to help you recognize such false break out quickly, I paid attention to all the possible side effects when I was back testing it…

Sound like a solid system with solid chain connection. Nice one. Keep going :muscle:

Because you ask i guess that it does not work…:grimacing:

Maybe its the exit signal that matters-can you explain in details what should happen to Stoch and RSI to trigger the exit? It depends on the zones and on the kind of signal

You funny fam, I wasn’t asking for approvals, I was asking if there are any other ways since some people prefer SMAs that’s where you missed the point.

When Stochastic gets to oversold/overbought territory RSI will either retrace from 50 or 80 it shows you that it’s time for a pull back, so it’s your choice to close the trade or let it be…

Well,it was no negative critic on my side, i am just curious what in the end makes you exit the trade- you have to have a definite signal, like stoch downcross the 80 level from upwards and at the same time RSI hooks downwards above 70…or anything like that- thats what i was interested in, if you have built in such a signal

After taking HLHB for a spin I retreated back to my old play books. Current setup is 4hr trading stage, 12h and 3D trend watch. OBV with 100 ema for volume trend to filter entry & exits in the 13 EFI (Elder’s Force Index).

3D: OBV w/ 50 ema & 6 EFI
12h : OBV w/ 100 ema & 13 efi
4h : obv with 100 ema & 13 EFI

Trading when 4h & 12h synch up for a cross as long as volume agrees on all 3 and 3D EFI is on the side of the trade.

Tried to make a better MACD using TRIX for the averages and it was marginally better. But then I got to playing with EFI and really impressed with the tight read it gives for zero cross signals.