Hesitating and fear of execution

thanks for the excellent reply

totally true , it is a psychological problem not systematic issue , i will also start to read the books you’ve mentioned , i will try to cut down the lot size which i know it is too much for my balance , i’ve raised it over the time thats why it didnt felt like it is over grown for my account balance , i will cut it half and try on higher timeframes , thanks for great enlightenments you provided by attachments , it totally addresses to my problems , i will keep them in mind :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

If one fears to execute the trade, then most likely the size of the positions is not proper.
The first thing that I advise my friends when they experience such emotion is to lower the size of the position and find the one that they will feel comfortable with. For example, if they trade with 1 lot, decreasing it in half would help them feel free to click that buy or sell button. Once you get comfortable and know exactly what to expect from this size, you can slowly increase. That’s how actually you are managing the risk, and your emotions at the same time.
Also works on the flip side.
If you are not getting excited about your trading, and for some reasons, you want to make your trading exciting, then increase the size of the position. If you have traded with 1 lot and feel nothing, try to execute a trade with 3 or 4 lots and see what will happen with you :grinning: i dare you :grinning:

1 Like

that’s natural to everyone, so no worries, mate.
being afraid of executin a trade is a typical issue and I don’t think there are such ones who have never been scared about executing at the wrong price, or having their depos drained quickly.
books are helpful in this regard, it’s all about emotional control, trading psychology, all fears are eliminated right after a couple of successful days.

1 Like

yes , i read 2 quotes that was really helpful , so i write it down for those who will come check this post :

More is lost by indecision than wrong decision , Marcus Tullius Cicero

The real risk is doing nothing , Denis Waitley

It’s typical behaviour for traders. I know some professional ones who are still hesitating opening a trade because they are afraid of being stopped out, or just predicting future price movements wrongly.

I presume it’s all about psychology as some guys above told you. And also your temper matters in this case, because the way you behave in stressful situations is something that is grounded either by parents or mother nature =) In any case, everyone has a chance to overcome these fears and hesitations.

1 Like

Many trading strategies can indeed be adapted across different markets like stocks, forex, and futures because the fundamental principles of trading—such as understanding trends, price action, and risk management—apply universally. However, each market has its own unique characteristics (like liquidity, market hours, and volatility), which means a strategy may require adjustments to be effective in a different market context. For instance, ICT (Inner Circle Trader) concepts originally popular in the forex community can be applied to futures trading as well, with some modifications to account for the differences between these markets. Essentially, while the core ideas of a trading strategy can be versatile, successful application often requires tailoring to fit the specific nuances of each market.

1 Like

Focus on rebuilding confidence through small, deliberate trades and sticking to your plan. Consider seeking a coach to work on trading psychology and try to reduce screen time. Remember, your journey shows progress, and each step forward counts.

1 Like

Hesitating and fear coming from over-lot-size ,you may get your strategy from someone which is finely tone ,everything seems so perfect ,except – it’s not you.try different lot size and choose one you feel easy with ,trading should be happy.

good pips

2 Likes

It seems to me that you need to analyze your mistakes and find their reasons. After all, failures in trading can be associated both with the trading strategy itself, which does not work very well, and with inflated risks, lack of discipline and endurance, inability to wait, or a constant desire to quickly win back. That is, the reasons for failure can be both technical and psychological factors. Therefore, you need to know exactly what to adjust in your trading in order to make money.

1 Like

It’s clear you’ve put in a lot of effort and developed a solid strategy. Overcoming hesitation and sticking to your plan can be challenging. Consider implementing gradual exposure—start with a smaller number of trades and build confidence. Also, set specific rules for exits to minimize emotional interference.

1 Like

I recently had a big loss. I was pissed off at myself.
I had broken one of my rules and I paid for it. $7,940 USD.
Ouch, but I new if I did not deviate from my strategy I would make up that loss within the week.
Well it took, the next Tuesday, but I did make it up.
The point being, if you believe in the strategy, follow your rules, and keep trading forward.

Good Trading to All

1 Like