Hey guys I'm a noob and was just wondering, if its 9:30 am EST on the hourly chart does that mean you are busy with the 9 hour candle or the 10 hour candle?

Hey guys I’m a noob and was just wondering, if its 9:30 am EST on the hourly chart does that mean you are busy with the 9 hour candle or the 10 hour candle?

If we are at 9:30, we are currently trading within the 9th hour, or in this case the 9th hourly candle.

Hope this helps.

Is it important? I do not think it is important. As a newbie focus on what is important. Learn slowly but properly. Don’t switch between one topic to another. Finish one then go for another. Make a habit of watching charts. Choose a single pair. Try to figure out different pattern of that pair. Remember every pair has its own unique characteristics. By the way that’s 10 hour candle.

Thanks for thr help, I really appreciate it.

Assuming your timescale is set to the right setup, the 9 oclock candle STARTS at 9 and finishes at 10.

1 Like

On the hourly chart, at 930 am EST, it means the current hourly candlestick you are looking at is 0900hr (depending on your specific broker which may or may not be 0900hr) and the candlestick have yet to be completed. You will see that the price is still fluctuating.