Hey! I figured if I learn forex I can find out why everyone keeps hounding me on Instagram to invest with them 🤦🏻

A friend advised me to do this course and see what forex is all about. That and my extreme FOMO. I have just quit a high paying engineering job in Ireland and moved to Dubai on a commission free real estate job so could also use a side hustle! Lol. Nice to meet you all!

1 Like

Stick to your job. FX side hustle is a pipe dream.

1 Like

Isn’t a side hustle when you stick to your job anyway?

enjoy ur trade :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay then, forget about a FX side hustle,

The rationale, Mikey, is while FX is simple it’s not easy, not by a long chalk. And that means taking it seriously like a new business venture if you want to be successful. That means months, maybe years of hard work. There is no short cut, so, IMO, a FX side hustle is not the way to go.

Regretably, in today’s economic climate, social media marketing hype is mostly fantasy land with get rich quick promises that only line their pockets. Otherwise they’d be trading rather than hounding people like you to invest with them.

Yes, some can gamble and get rich quick but not consistently. USA stats over the last 150 years show that 85% of traders fail. So the odds are against you from day one as the FX market doesn’t know you, doesn’t care about you, and takes no prisoners.

But don’t let me put you off, as it’s fun experimenting and practising firstly on a demo account while learning the basics.

Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice Steve. I guess if 85% of people are failing it’s quite similar to other ventures I have undertaken and found success with. I find nothing worth doing comes easy and discipline and knowledge growth is key. I am willing to learn. Can you recommend the best app to trade in where I can open a demo account? Thanks again

Just Google best FX brokers. Whether any or all cover Dubai, you’ll need to find out on their home page. I always use a desktop, or mini computer, never a phone app for FX. .

1 Like

What are some of your goals and expectations? Because there is no best app.
But there is a dozen apps fore every goal and a broker to fit every need or style.

i dk why ppl like to only talk about the negative side of FX but i see you as a optimist and that will get you a long way in this game . It got me to stick thru 3 years of failure and now im 8 years in and Extremely profitable. The great part about starting in todays times is that there are SO many tool to help shorten that learning curve and to bee more efficient with energy and capital put into Forex.

If you want some pointers or have questions feel free to follow me and ask on some of my threads! Glad to have you here