Thank you @Oil_Jackson
You too, happy trading!

Thank you @Lee-me :heart:
Trying to not half-butt anyting anymore :triumph:

1 Like

@charlotte_daily Motivation!!
Won’t let you down. :pray:

Thanks @steve369 :pray:
Will take your advice and focus on the climb one step/day at a time.
See you around!
:heart:

1 Like

Welcome Derek! Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you’re enjoying this new journey! Keep learning and we will be looking forward to your progress!

1 Like

Hey Derek,

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Dutchie :-).
Good luck and enjoy the journey!

One guy that helped me a lot to get to where I am now is “The trading channel”, just check the free content on youtube. Easy to digest and he’s very clear in explaining all kinds of facets of forex. Perhaps it will help you too!

Wise to start paper trading first, it’s difficult to keep emotions in check so careful with the risk you take once it’s your real money… it’s easy to lose quick.

Br, Peter

1 Like

Hi Derek, welcome to the forum! It’s great to have you here and thanks for sharing your incredible journey with us. Keep up the amazing progress, and we look forward to hearing about your trading adventures.

1 Like

Hey @baemax023
Thank you :heart:
I’ll keep learning and growing.
Will post my progress on here for sure.
See you around!

Hey @PetyaNL Fellow Dutchie,
Goeden avond vriend!
Looked it up and recognized the face, I’ve seen one or two videos from the trading channel in the past. Thanks for the tip, I’ll check out more of his content.

And thanks. Noted. I’ll try to be a risk manager first, and a trader second :sunglasses:

Hey @chimmyfx
Thank you very much :pray:
Will update about my journey regularly.
See you around!

Great intro. Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Derek. It doesn’t matter if you take your time reading. There is no rush. You also said that you’re patient and that will come in handy. You’ll need a lot of that as you go through the learning process. Good luck on your fx trading journey.

1 Like

Thank you :pray: @samewise

Thank you @zianfx
I’m going to take my time, make a lot of mistakes on my demo account, and find ways to make it work :muscle:
I’ll make patience my best friend

Great plan. Just ask away if some things aren’t clear to you.

1 Like

Here’s another thread with a couple good strategies to try

I’m currently trading then EMA channel strategy by AT.

1 Like

Hey @samewise thanks for the reply.
I found that stragedy too and I’ve been trying it on EURUSD last couple of days.

Are you using it on the same pair?
How is it working out for you so far?

I’ve actually been trading it across most majors and minors. Just wait for the signal and then do some analysis. I try to stick to EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY and other dollar pairs.

I’m a bit in a rut. I was up close to 40% of my account balance this year, but the last couple weeks haven’t been great. That’s on me though, not the strategy.

Mainly my issue is sometimes jumping in around key levels/resistance and support zones and getting caught the price moving the wrong direction. That’s my SL issue, or actually, not setting the SL right or at all!

More winners than losers, but losers are huge, but again that’s on me.

1 Like

There’s also a couple other strategies being talked about in there. They’re paid, from some dude called King of Forex or KOF, but they talk about them from a high level.

1 Like

You can also search on the FF forums too about this guy.

1 Like