Hey, nice to meet you all

Hey everyone.

I’m turning 40 and have worked in sales for the last twenty years or so. Looking to learn a new skill and hopefully, have a little more financial freedom and Independence. Certainly not expecting it to happen over night and very much looking forward to the journey ahead.

4 Likes

Hi, good approach, start from the education section and good luck :slight_smile: Regards Greg

Hi and welcome friend, tell us about your plans and preferred strategies please :smiley:

Welcome Chopsy! This is a great place to learn forex trading. Hope you’ll have a great time here! Good luck!

Welcome, and happy 40th! :tada: Your commitment to learning and pursuing financial freedom is fantastic. The journey ahead may take time, but every step is progress. Feel free to share, ask, and engage with our community as we support your goals together. Here’s to your exciting journey!

Hello and welcome! It’s wonderful to have you here. Your eagerness to learn and pursue financial freedom is truly admirable. The journey ahead might have its challenges, but with determination and the support of our community, you’re well on your way to success :wink:

Welcome and happy 40th! Take it one step at a time. Focus on building a strong foundation of knowledge and skills. Enjoy the journey ahead!

Hey everyone. So, I’ve finally graduated and passed the learn forex course :raised_hands: which was fantastic btw. I feel as though I’ve learned a great deal and I’m now keen to work out a strategy and get practicing daily on a demo account. I need to put all this into practice and start making mistakes, hopefully not too many of them!!

A quick question if I may. As a newbie who can’t dedicate a huge amount of time to the charts due to work, i guess my style will need to be swing trading. Initially, would you recommend that I stick to one currency pair to learn and is there a particular session, pair, timeframe that I would benefit from. I live in London so I guess I my session times could be mixed?

Congratulations on your graduation! :tada: Starting with swing trading given your time constraints sounds like a great idea. Focusing on one currency pair initially can help you become familiar with its behavior and nuances. Since you’re in London, a pair like EUR/GBP or GBP/USD could be advantageous, as you’ll be able to trade them during the London session when liquidity is high. The daily timeframe might be a good starting point for swing trading, allowing you to analyze the market without the need to constantly monitor charts.

2 Likes

Congratulations on finishing the School! Timeframe depends on your trading style and preferences. Daily and 4-hour charts are usually used for swing trading but feel free to experiment and see what works best for you.

1 Like

Congratulations on your progress! Keep learning from your experiences and good luck!

1 Like