Hey there, this is Jason!

Hi to everyone, and thanks to Babypips for this venue! We’re here for you, so please ping me with any question you may have.

I look forward to hearing from you all, and if there is any way at all I can be of assistance, please reach out to me straight away!

I look forward to meeting you!

Jason

Hello, Jason

Welcome to this forum.

I visited your website — https://www.upfx.com/index.html — and learned that you are domiciled and regulated in Seychelles, and you have an office (or, at least, a telephone) in New York.

On another thread — 301 Moved Permanently — which you may have seen, we are looking for offshore brokers who will do business with U.S. residents. We have compiled a list of these brokers, which you can see on Posts #973, #974 and #975 of that thread.

Your website contains a rather extensive list of countries whose residents cannot open accounts with UpFX, but the U.S. is not listed there.

So, for the record, will UpFX open forex trading accounts for U.S. residents?

I will look forward to your reply.

Clint

Hi there Clint,

It’s nice to meet you, and thanks for the question. I did actually answer this on the 9th and was waiting for it to post… seems the dog ate my homework, so, I’m having another go at it :slight_smile:

In regards to your questions, we don’t have a physical presence in the US or any other connection to the US, and, the phone number you mention is a forwarding number only, a number which rings us abroad. We are not nor have we ever been organized, domiciled, created or structured in any way, shape or form in the U.S. We have a .com domain name, but also forex.sc (our home top level domain) well as upfx.mobi, upfx.in, upfx.eu, upfx.me and others. As you know we are domiciled in Seychelles, and are regulated and authorized by SIBA.

That being said…

For the record; we do not open accounts for statutory U.S. entities and encourage those organizations to find a broker in the U.S. for their forex business.

In regards to other applicants, each application for an account is individually reviewed and either approved or denied based on it’s own merits, and, at this time the friendly faces from the U.S.A. are welcome to apply for an account. Keep in mind that we will not open accounts for resident of OFAC banned countries, and as you called out in your message, the U.S. is not listed there at this time.

I hope this adds clarity to your question, and encourage any of you to ring us up or email me if I may be of further assistance.

Cheers!

Jason

Hello, Jason

Thanks for the reply. I’ll take your reply as a “yes”.

I presume that “statutory U.S. entities” refers to corporations, etc.

So, if I understand your reply, you are saying that [B]individuals who reside in the U.S.[/B] are welcome to open accounts with UpFX at this time, provided they meet the same requirements that all other applicants must meet. Is this correct?

I hope that you have had a chance to look at the List of offshore brokers which I referred to in my previous post. Based on the parameters of our List, do you believe that UpFX belongs in Group 1 (offshore brokers who will open accounts for U.S. residents)? If you do, then I will be pleased to add UpFX to that part of the List at the next update (sometime this week). Kindly let me know.

Best regards,

Clint

Hi again Clint,

Good thing I’d had lunch before having a go at your links… wow! There is over 100 pages there. I scrolled back to have a look at 973/4/5. This is quite the hot topic!

At this time we have no regulatory requirements to enforce discriminatory restrictions against any particular people and we will consider all account applications as long as your country of residence is not banned by OFAC. If you don’t know what OFAC is, then you probably aren’t affected anyway.

[B]With that said, please list us as a proud participant of Group 1.[/B]

Thanks, Jason

UpFX will be included in Group 1 at the next update (probably Wednesday of this week).

We’re pleased to have you with us.

Clint