Hey y’all, I’m CowboyCoward

Hello everyone,

I’m a college finance student looking to learn more about forex trading. I’ve got some basic understanding, but I just want to learn as much as I can. I look forward to learning and growing with y’all!

CC

1 Like

Hi @cowboycoward I think your background is really going to come in handy as the traders that do the best overtime have an appreciation of how money flows through the system and what causes it to do so…

So I guess its a case of brushing up on the technical’s… So what would be your long-term goals both career wise and in trading ?

I am really interested in working in trading at an investment bank, but I’m really exploring anything that deals with emerging markets in Latin America.

Latin America they are a lot of potential upside there but visibility and corruption can be an issue in the way that companies don’t report like US and governments can do things on a whim without much investor communication…

All sounds very exciting

Do you speak Spanish?

Sorry for the late reply. I do speak Spanish as my family is from Argentina.
I think those problems make Latin America all the more interesting, but I have to agree that one should approach with caution.

1 Like

Argentina… Lol my favourite boxer is Sergio martinez

The pre election results are really interesting will Christina return to the wrath of the bond holders

Personally I don’t see much opportunity in Argentina especially if the trade war between the US and China is sorted out as they will be less Chinese demand for soya etc as they will be buying from US farmers.

But agree with you very exciting at the moment I am researching natura a Brazilian cosmetics company

Welcome to babypips @cowboycoward! Are you going through the school of pips here? :blush:

1 Like

@Simeonquant Argentina is truly an enigma, and not in a great way lol, but I think a lot of Latin American countries can fit into that box. I want to learn and discuss more, so I joined babypips to do just that. @CoinLady Thanks for the welcome, and I have just begun looking through all the lessons. I guess you could consider me a student at the school of pips!

Welcome CC! Lots of free stuff here to learn. Good luck with the School and see you around!

1 Like

Well this has been a fun discussion. To be honest I didn’t think I would meet traders who are interested in South America and understand the region on here. So Im glad I joined!

Yeah its an enigma that definitely requires a lot of research. Where abouts are you based in the US ?