Hi All, I'm new here :)

Hey everyone,
I’ve just had a notification saying to introduce myself, so I am!
I’m Jim and I’m brand new to this. My situation is this; My fair lady has gone self employed, and she can earn a lot more money than I can, so I’m now doing the house husband thing: school runs, cleaning, washing, cooking, the list goes on!! I have some time on my hands and I’d like, eventually, be be able to generate some income for myself, from home if possible. Someone suggested having a look at Babypips so here I am.
I am a complete and absolute newbie, no idea what I’m expecting, but looking forward to learning about something new.
Hope you’re all well!!
Jim

2 Likes

Welcome welcooooome! :blush: I’m loving your energy Jim. :blush: Haha. And I love how you’re not scared to talk about being a house husband! But I do wonder, how hard was it for you to come to that decision? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Hi Ria (Ria-Rose?), thank you for your kind welcome! Got to move with the times I guess haha! It wasn’t hard at all really. Don’t get me wrong, it does gnaw at me from time to time (I ‘SHOULD’ be out earning a wage etc - I guess society shapes you doesn’t it?!!). I do bring it up from time to time with my better half, but she says (and rightly so), if I don’t take care of this side of things then she can’t get on with what she needs to do. She earns more than I was anyway, so apart from the stupid ingrained pride thing it’s a no brainer!! But, I would feel better in myself if I could earn some income and contribute financially myself. Plus, I am actually the better cook haha

1 Like

Just Ria is fine! :blush: I completely understand this set-up and tbh, if I earned enough, I would also want my future husband to just focus on taking care of me. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m glad you didn’t let societal norms dictate your relationship’s dynamics. :blush:

This is enough reason to stay home, tbh. :clap: Hahaha. :smiley:

1 Like

Things are a bit tight, don’t get me wrong, but when you factor in the ridiculous cost of childcare, or how much money and time the missus would lose if she had to collect the boy from school (she works a good distance away), it works out that if I went to work, collectively we’d be better of by slightly less than one of my days wage, and still NOTHING would be done - no washing, cleaning, meal prep, vacuuming, shopping etc etc etc etc etc!!!
How long have you been at this Trading thing then Ria, whats your story? :blush:

HI and welcome Jimmy. Make sure you get stuck into the educational content and think about how trading can fit around your daily obligations. I think this is often overlooked and leads to burnout in many traders as they become frustrated at their lack of progress. Focus on the process of it all and money is something that can follow. It is very easy to try and chase the money and that often leads to the wrong mindset and losses.

I’ve also just started on User Testing which seems to kick out a nice little extra so if you can just have that open to take screener tests as and when they appear you might find you can make a few hundred a month extra just from that. Doesn’t take up a huge amount of time but would help remove the pressure on trading to make you money.

1 Like

Hi Cash, thanks for your welcome :slight_smile: Thanks for the advice and I will definitely take that onboard.
Can I ask where you are at in your trading journey, and did you get started from here (babypips)?
All the best.

Hello and welcome @jimmylawlan
You definitely need a focus as to why you want to do this, and yours seems excellent. Keep your goals in mind when learning and honing your trading skills.
It is a long road ahead you have, with many pitfalls and frustrations. I may sound a seasoned pro, but I’m not! It just so happens I’m constantly climbing out of those pitfalls myself!
I am a long way off from achieving my overall goal, which is to trade full time from home. I wish you all the best on your journey!

1 Like

In my 4th year now. I started out thinking about making money too much and went down the EA route which was a dead end and a horse I flogged for too long too be honest. I realised the time I was spending on it I should just learn to trade myself. I started off here yes and then moved on with a few course that taught things like trendlines and indicators. Personally none of them resonated with me and I felt a little deflated. The thing to remember is that there are many ways to trade and finding information and ways of looking at the markets in a way that resonates with you is important as a starting point to build your own strategy with the information gained.

I then ended up moving to YouTube where I came across Inner Circle Trader (ICT) which resonated with me. I don’t think much of him as a person per se but what he was saying did strike a chord so studied and practiced and am seeing results. You may find results doing trendlines, indicators and the like and that’s cool. You may find ICT resonates, you may not. So be wary of people telling you that THIS is the way to trade. They are likely trying to sell something if they are.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Being a house husband sure has it’s perks!!

1 Like

HI I am a beginner as well. Please suggest trading techniques.

1 Like

Hello and welcome! It’s a good decision to trade forex. Just make sure that you learn everything about the market because you never know what will come up as a challenge for you.

1 Like

Haha, it does indeed mate!
Thanks for the welcome!!

Thanks for the welcome Spackle! I will take that onboard and do my best!

Hello, Jim.
I’m sure you’ll find a lot of interesting information here. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to babypips. Thanks for telling the world that there are proud house husbands who are happy to be who they are. I wish you good luck for your trading career.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome Shimonal. You’ve got to move with the times, it’s a modern world!

Thanks Drinker, I’m hoping I will!

Welcome to the forums! I joined here and started trading in a similar situation, since I stay home with my kids while my husband works. It can be difficult with kids running around but it is a great job for people in that position! Hard to beat the flexibility. :grin:

1 Like

Hi Heaven, thanks for the welcome! Can I ask where did you start, where did babypips fit in, and where are you now in your trading journey? I’m asking as a complete newbie (if you wouldn’t mind)! Hope you’re well, all the best :slight_smile: