Hi...Anyone know a good broker for a (undergrad) Newbie? Forex.com? Please help

Hey thanks for taking the time to look at my thread, I’ve been practicing with a demo account on eToro but have since learned that their spread is not the best, nor the copy trader thing they have going. which is kind of good because it has got me interested in trading and has led me to the Babypips School…yay!

Even though I’m only on a demo account I was hoping to get some insights from more experienced Traders and their thoughts on which could be a good broker to begin with. There is a lot out there-should I just continue with eToro until I graduate from school? Or start to learn how to use another Broker platform now to get comfortable with it before I go live?

Thanks again for Reading this…

Hope everyone has a Great Day.

Michael

Etoro is a reputable broker which is more than I can say about alot of them. Their spreads are fine - not brilliant but unless you’re scalping they’re definitely good enough!

The copy trader function is good - can be interesting - but don’t make your trade decisions on it! It might however alert you to potential setups.

If you’re comfortable, stick with it.

continue trying several broker platforms, there are several out there.
each has its own bells and whistles. some are user friendly, some are quite difficult to operate or grasp.

ideally, you should get good at using a platform of the broker you intend to go live with…

Tradingforexcom :slight_smile: fully STP fully Regulated , best spreads in the market!

good broker for undergrad?? we`re the same mate… but i still consider myself as 5 months newbie traders :slight_smile:

I`m trading with Hirose UK (I guess you never heard of it…)
I found Hirose because I’m doing research on brokers regulated by FSA (on 100forexbrokers.com), and i found Hirose, then try the demo (not MT4 :() and the spread there is nice n tight.
Actually FXCM and Forex.com are good, but their spread is too big and also the minimum deposit isn’t suitable for me.
Hope this help.

Btw, Hirose is from Japanese Broker.

ECN brokers have low spreads but they charge you per 1 standard lot, it is not suitable for beignners at all unless you are planning to invest over $30,000. Even if you pay a higher spread (like 2 pips) it is still great, just don’t scalp. I have said it before and I will say it again, ForexTrading.com provides with great spreads even for small investments and you have a great variey of instruments to trade in, more than most brokers. The broker is STP and fully regulated of course, here are thier spreads for forex, commodities and indices: ForexTrading – Our Spreads

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks for replying to my thread as any information I can get will help in my adventure to learn…Knowledge is power! I’m thankful for your thoughts on eToro and I will keep going a little longer with it, good idea about the copy trade function…Have a great day mate, good luck with everything as well.

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks for replying to my thread as any information I can get will help in my adventure to learn…Knowledge is power! Have a Great Day mate! I will try other platforms too…

Hi I’m thankful for all your replies and I will be looking into all your ideas and trying a few more platforms…and ideas.